Subject: ANNOUNCE: Molecular Dynamics Salon

From: Jim Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:21:27 -0600 (CST)

Dear CCL:

The Theoretical Biophysics Group at the University of Illinois is an NIH
Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics.  We serve the
structural biology community by developing software and methods, and
through direct collaboration with experimental biologists.  We have seen
the need for an interactive forum for users of molecular dynamics software
and techniques, of all experience levels, to exchange views and expertise.

As a service to the molecular modeling community, we are constructing an
online gathering place, the Molecular Dynamics Salon.  The first area of
MDSalon available are discussion forums catering separately to developers
of MD software and to those whose are primarily interested in its
application to simulations.  There are currently two main forums, but more
will be added as popular subtopics emerge.  We will also be adding
databases of software and user-contributed examples, as well as a special
developers' area featuring collected benchmarks.

Please join us at http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Services/MDSalon/

-Jim