Subject: AMBER6 and MPICH

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 17:23:32 -0600

Hi,
I hope that someone out on the list can provide some help. I'm trying to
compile AMBER 6 on a Linux cluster using MPICH, after a struggle I managed
to get it to compile and the parallel version of sander runs fine, gibbs is
another story. Every time gibbs is executed I get the following message:

Fatal error; unknown error handler
May be MPI call before MPI_INIT
Error message is MPI_ABORT and code is 197

I have to admit to being stumped as to what to try next. In case it helps
the kernel is 2.2.12 SMP, compiler is egcs-2.91.66, and I'm using MPICH
1.2.0. As I mentioned sander works, only gibbs is failing. Hope someone can
provide some guidance.

Happy Holidays,
-david

David Reichert, Ph.D.
Washington University School of Medicine
510 S. Kingshighway, Campus Box 8225
St Louis, MO 63110

e-mail: [email-masked]
voice: (314) 362-8461
fax: (314) 362-9940