Subject: Concentrations of AMP and GMP (and languages!)

From: Irilenia Nobeli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:59:58 +0000 ("GMT)

My most sincere apologies for the off-topic question but I suspect that
some of you may know the answer to the following question: What is the
relative concentration of AMP and GMP in the cell? (and in general
whether adenosine is more or less or equally likely to be floating around 
in a living cell). I don't expect numbers of course. Any hints on where to
find the answer (if it is known!) would be appreciated.

And since I'm here my humble opinion on the programming course. What I
find is really important is to teach students good programming techniques.
Languages will come and go and the students  may or may not follow a
career in computational chemistry. But if you can teach them to write
readable and re-usable code, now that's a challenge!

Irilenia  

------------------------------------------------
Irene (Irilenia) Nobeli
Biomolecular Structure and Modelling Unit
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
University College London
Darwin Building
Gower Street
London
WC1E 6BT

[email-masked]
tel. 020 7679 2171
fax. 020 7679 7193

"Socrates and Marx and the other wise people are all dead...and I don't
feel too well lately myself.."