Subject: Announce: Struc. Bio. Software Database

From: John Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:25:30 -0600

Structural Biology Software Database Announcement
  -------------------------------------------------
The Theoretical Biophysics group at the Beckman Institute at the
University of Illinois, is proud to announce the public release of
the initial version of a "Structural Biology Software Database".
We have created a web-based database containing programs which are
thought to be of interest to researchers in the fields of structural
biology, quantum chemistry, and bioinformatics.

  The database is still young, and we are continuosly working on
improving its interface and content, but it is ready for the community
to use.  We encourage users to send the developers and moderators
suggestions for improvements, and new application submissions for the
database itself.  The source code for the database is now available,
so that others can create their own software databases to serve
application domains not included in our database.
We welcome any ideas or feedback that you would like to share with us.

The database is located within the "MDSalon" at:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Services/MDSalon
or directly via:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/biosoftdb

The "SoftDB" source code (which implements the DB) is available from:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/MDTools/softdb/

Thanks!!
  John Stone
  [email-masked]
  February 6, 2001

-- 
NIH Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
Email: [email-masked]                 Phone: 217-244-3349              
  WWW: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/      Fax: 217-244-6078