Subject: CCL:G98 .rwf file

From: "Alexei Khalizov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:55:58 -0500

Hi,

It looks like there is another limitation on %RWF command - you 
cannot split an RWF file on more than six parts. Gaussian98W 
produces a standard window with error message, but doesn't write 
any explanation in the output file. By the way, it happens when 
%RWF line length is well below 120 characters: 

%RWF=1\,2GB,2\,2GB,3\,2GB,4\,2GB,5\,2GB,6\,2GB

It is enough to remove the last part ",6\,2GB" to make it work 
properly! The situation is ridiculous - to have a huge HDD and not 
to be able to use it efficiently!

Regards,
Alex

>Hi Jeff,
>
>If the .rwf is the real problem, then you can split the file. You need 
>to specify the location of the file on the disk where you want to 
>write. The format is 
>
>%RWF=loc1,size1,loc2,size2,...... 
>
>You can write a line of 120 character at most. Look at chapter2 of 
>gaussian98 manual for more information. The %mem is used to 
>control the available dynamic memory which can't control the size 
>of .rwf. 
>
>You can also reduce the file size by suppressing some of the 
>unnecessary calculations such as raman intensity in frequency 
>jobs etc..
>
>Cheers,

>Jamal Uddin

-------------------------
Dr. Alexei Khalizov
Department of Chemistry
McGill University,
801 Sherbrooke St. W.,
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA,
H3A 2K6

Phone: (514) 398-6920
Fax: (514) 398-2382