Subject: 01.06.03 Molecular Beams Symposium, Roma, Italy

From: molbeam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:36:25 +0100

Dear Collegue,

enclosed you will find the second Announcement of the XIX International
Molecular Beam Conference.

Best Regards,

The organizing committee 

          XIX INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON MOLECULAR BEAMS

                      June 3-8, 2001
            Universita "La Sapienza", Rome, Italy

               http://molbeam.chem.uniroma1.it/molbeam/

                      2nd Announcement
          Call for registration and contributed papers

                        Deadlines
           Registration: February 28 th , 2001
           Payment: February 28 th , 2001
           Abstracts: February 28 th , 2001

Please, to register at the Symposium fill in the enclosed Registration Form
(that can also be downloaded from the Symposium Web site) and send it by fax
to the Meridiano Viaggi e Turismo Srl, together with a copy of the payment
receipt.

Chair: Prof. ssa Anna Giardini
Dipartimento di Chimica
Università "La Sapienza"
P. le A. Moro 5
00185 Roma, Italy
Phone: (+ 39) (06) 49913984
Fax: (+ 39) (06) 49913984/490324
Email: [email-masked]

Local Organizing Committee
A. Giardini-Guidoni, M. Becucci, B. Brunetti, R. Camilloni, W. Caminati, S.
Piccirillo, A. Paladini, M. Satta, D. Scuderi, M. Speranza, G. Stefani,
D. Stranges, P. Tosi, F. Vecchiocattivi.

SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM
Following the tradition of the Molecular Beams meetings devoted to widespread
applications of molecular beams coupled with electrons, lasers and synchrotron
radiation, the symposium will be focused on dynamics of collisions, properties of
clusters and methods of diagnostics. The organizers of the Molecular Beams 2001
will make all possible efforts to facilitate discussions and the establishing of contacts.
Leading scientists will be invited to give lectures reviewing the latest achievements in
their field of research.

TOPICS
 - Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy
 - Elementary Processes in Gas Phase
 - Structure and Dynamics of Clusters
 - Beam Surface Processing and Diagnostic
 - Synchrotron Radiation coupled with Molecular Beams

Preliminary List of Invited Speakers

A. Aguilar-Navarro (Universitat de Barcelona)
V. Aquilanti (Università di Perugia)
D. Bassi (Università di Trento)
K. Bergmann (University of Kaiserslautern)
P. Brechignac (Université de Paris-Sud, Orsay)
M. Brouart (Oxford University)
W. Caminati (Università di Bologna)
M. Costes (Université de Bordeaux I)
O. Dutuit (Université de Paris-Sud, Orsay)
J. M. Dyke (University of Southampton)
U. Even (Tel Aviv University)
G. Gerber (University of Wuerzburg)
D. Gerlich (Technische Universitaet, Chemnitz)
P. L. Houston (Cornell University)
F. Huisken (Max-Planck-Institut, Gottingen)
S. K. Kim (Seul National University)
T. N. Kitsopoulos (University of Crete)
J.-M. Mestdagh (CEN-Saclay)
K. Muller-Dethlefs (York University)
A. Orr Ewing (University of Bristol)
D. Pratt (University of Pittsburgh)
A. Stolow (NRC, Ottawa)
S. Stolte (Vrije University)
T. Suzuki (IMS, Okazaki) 2
2 Page 3 4

             PRELIMINARY PROGRAM
             ===================
Sunday 3 June
16.00-19.30 Registration at "Aula Magna" of University La Sapienza
19.30-21.30 Welcome Cocktail at "Aula Magna" of University La Sapienza

Monday 4 June
9.00-13.00 Sessions
13.00-14.30 Lunch at Aula Magna Terrace
14.30-16.00 Poster Session
16.00-18.40 Sessions

Tuesday 5 June
9.00-13.00 Sessions
13.00-14.30 Lunch at Aula Magna Terrace
14.30-16.00 Poster Session
16.00-18.40 Sessions

Wednesday 6 June
9.00-13.00 Sessions
13.00-14.30 Lunch at Aula Magna Terrace
14.30-16.00 Poster Session
16.00-18.40 Sessions

Thursday 7 June
9.00-13.00 Sessions
14.30-18.00 Excursion
19.30 Social Dinner

Friday 8 June
9.00-13.00 Sessions
13.00-14.30 Lunch at Aula Magna Terrace
14.30-16.00 Poster Session
16.00-18.40 Sessions
18.40 Departure 3
3 Page 4 5

                          ABSTRACTS AND POSTERS
                          =====================
About 30 (20 minutes) oral presentations of Hot Topics will be selected from the
submitted abstracts. Papers being contributed will be presented in four poster
sessions.

The abstracts should be submitted by E-mail as attached files to
molbeam@ uniroma1. it. They should be typed in Microsoft Word format (Version 97
or 2000, for Mac or PC). The abstract dimension must be 15 cm wide by 23 cm long
(i. e., A4 size with top, left and right margins of 3 cm and bottom of 3.7 cm), and
composed by a maximum of 3 pages (maximum of 5 pages for the Invited). Use
Times or Times New Roman 14 pts fonts for the title (lower case, bold, centered), 12
pts for the author's names (lower case, bold, centered), 12 pts for the affiliation
(centered). The text (12 pts) must be justified with a line spacing of 12 or 18 pts, and
may contain inserted graphics. References should be typed in 10 pts in the
Angewandte Chemie style. The attached abstract file must be identified as follows:
NAMEinitials#. doc , where # is the number of the abstract if you submit more than
one.

The available area for the Posters is 100 cm high by 80 cm wide.

                      HOW TO GET TO ROME
                      ==================
All paths lead to Rome!

By Air

> From Roma Fiumicino International Airport take a train to Roma Termini Central
Station (non stop service) or a local train to Roma Tiburtina Station. From Roma
Tiburtina you may take the Metropolitana (underground) to reach Termini Station
(few stops). 

                         REGISTRATION FEE
                         ================= 

Full fee:
       350 EURO (678,000 It. Lira) before 28/02/2001
       380 EURO (736,000 It. Lira) after this date

Student fee:
       150 EURO (290,000 It. Lira) before 28/02/2001 
       180 EURO (349,000 It. Lira) after this date

Accompanying Person fee:
       150 EURO (290,000 It. Lira) before 28/02/2001

The Conference Fee includes Book of Abstracts, Social Dinner, half-day Tour,
coffee breaks, four lunches.

                            ACCOMODATION
                            ============
We advice participants interested in hotel accommodation to make reservation as
soon as possible because of the high number of tourists coming to Rome during
spring or summer. If you have any problem in booking the hotels suggested in the
application form, please contact the Tourist Office:
Tel. : +39 06 36004399
Fax : +39 06 4819316
E-mail : editoria@ apt-roma. it
Web site : http://www.romaturismo.com/webcomune

                             SOCIAL EVENTS
                             ============= 
Welcome Cocktail will take place on Sunday 3 June at 19.30 in the Aula Magna of
University "La Sapienza".

A guided tour of Musei Capitolini, Foro Romano, and Palatino is planned on
Thursday 7 June in the afternoon.

The Conference Dinner will take place on Thursday 7 June at 19.30 in the prestigious
"Sala della Protomoteca" at Campidoglio where the Town Council meetings are kept.
===============================================================================

                    REGISTRATION FORM
                    =================

XIX International Symposium on Molecular Beams June 4-8, 2001-ROMA, ITALY
             REGISTRATION FORM TO BE RETURNED before May 7, 2001
Registrations received after this date will not be included in the list of
participants

________________________________________________________________________
Last Name                  First Name                          Degree:

________________________________________________________________________
Institution

________________________________________________________________________
Department

________________________________________________________________________
Address

________________________________________________________________________
City                     State/Country                        Zip

________________________________________________________________________
Office Telephone Number(s)            Fax Number

________________________________________________________________________
E-mail

REGISTRATION FEES

Full fees: __ 350 EURO before 28/02/2001       __ 380 EURO after this date

Student fees: __ 150 EURO before 28/02/2001    __ 180 EURO after this date
        (Students have to give evidence of University Registration with the
         Registration Form)

Accompanying person: __ 150 EURO

  WELCOME COCKTAIL, CONFERENCE DINNER, AND HALF-DAY TOUR ARE INCLUDED IN THE
  CONFERENCE FEE

  __ Payment by enclosed International check (please enclose copy and send
     original by mail) Payable to "Meridiano Viaggi e Turismo s. r. l."

  __ Payment by bank transfer (please enclose copy)
     To: BANCA DI ROMA - Agenzia n. 201 (Via XX Settembre, 52/B-00100 Roma)
     Account no: 1771/30    Code ABI:03002    Code CAB:05002

  __  Charge to the following Credit Card: 

        Card number:  ___________________________

           __MasterCard   __Visa 

        Expiration date _________________________

        Card holder's signature___________________

        Date__________________________________

   Only Registration Forms accompanied with payment can be processed

                           MAIL TO:
                           =======
 Claudia Costantino                            PH: +39-06-4464434-4456299
 Meridiano Viaggi e Turismo s.r.l.             FAX +39-06-4451891
 Via Mentana, 2b 00185 Rome, Italy             e-mail [email-masked]

Payment may be made by check, MasterCard/Visa or bank transfer. All
completed Registration Forms will be acknowledged by mail or fax.
Cancellations must be received in writing. A 24 EURO cancellation fee will
be deducted for the administrative costs involved.

       ====================================================


   XIX International Symposium on Molecular Beams June 4-8, 2001 -ROMA, ITALY
   HOTEL RESERVATION FORM To be returned with full prepayment

________________________________________________________________________
Last Name                   First Name           Degree           Sex

________________________________________________________________________
Institution

________________________________________________________________________
Department

________________________________________________________________________
Address

________________________________________________________________________
City                            State/Country                 Zip

________________________________________________________________________
Office Telephone Number(s) Fax Number

________________________________________________________________________
E-mail

Deadline for reservation: March 2 nd , 2001 (after this date all requests
will be subject to availability)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotel Artdecò 4**** Located near the Congress venue (Via Palestro, 19 
  Ph.+39-06-4457588 Fax +39-06-4441483)

  __ Double room for single use: EURO 168 

  __ Double room: EURO 200 

  __ Singleroom: EURO

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotel Archimede 3*** S. Located near the Congress venue. (Via dei Mille 19
  Ph. +39-06-4452378 Fax +39-06-4441377)
Hotel Siracusa 3*** S. Located near the Congress venue (Via Marsala, 50 
  Ph.+39-06-491177 Fax + 39-06-4441377)

  __ Double room for single use: EURO 104 

  __ Double room: EURO 110 

  __ Single room: EURO 82

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotel Lazio 3*** Located near the Congress venue. (Via Vicenza, 8 
  Ph. +39-06-4456214 Fax +39-06-4441377)
Hotel Eton 3*** Located near the Congress venue (Via Volturno, 22 
  Ph.+39-06-474941 Fax + 39-06-4817272)
Hotel Reatina 2** S. Located near the Congress venue (Via S. Martino della
  Battaglia)

  __ Double room for single use: EURO 76 

  __ Double room: EURO 82

  __ Single room: EURO 64

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotel Dei Mille 2** Located near the Congress venue. (Via dei Mille 7/ B
  Ph.+39-06-490230 Fax +39-06-491121)

  __ Double room for single use: EURO 68 

  __ Double room: EURO 72 

  __ Single room: EURO 59

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
  Check in: ______________ Check out: _______________( No. of nights ________)

         Rates are per room, per night, include breakfast and city taxes

Half double rooms available on request.

Please suggest sharing person____________________________

Rooms will be assigned on a first-come basis according to availability of
hotels listed above. In case of lack of availability in the hotel chosen
an alternative will be given.

__ Payment by enclosed International check
   Payable to "Meridiano Viaggi e Turismo s. r. l."

__ Payment by bank transfer (please enclose copy)
   To: BANCA DI ROMA - Agenzia n. 201 (Via XX Settembre, 52/ B - 00100 Roma)
   Account no: 1771/ 30
   Code ABI: 03002
   Code CAB: 05002

__ Charge to the following Credit Card: 

  Card number ___________________________
  
     __ MasterCard   __ Visa       Expiration date _________________________

  Card holder's signature____________________________________

  Date__________________________________

Only Hotel Reservation Forms accompanied with payment can be processed

                       MAIL TO:
                       =======

  Claudia Costantino                        PH: +39-06-4464434-4456299
  Meridiano Viaggi e Turismo s.r.l.         FAX +39-06-4451891
  Via Mentana, 2b 00185 Rome, Italy         e-mail c. [email-masked]

Only completed reservation forms will be acknowledged by mail or fax.
Cancellations must be received in writing and will be subject to the
following deductions from prepayment:

  - before March 2 nd , a handling fee of EURO 14 will be charged
  - after March 2 nd and before April 30 th , 1 night deposit will be charged
  - after April 30 th no refund will be made 7