Subject: Kernel Update

From: Max <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:00:01 -0600

Hi CCLers

I hope to get some advice from you guys, I'm trying to update my Kernel,
to correct the NAN problem with heavy jobs in 2.2.14-5 kernel.

When I try to rpm the kernel I get this anoying message:

# rpm -i kernel-smp-2.2.17-14.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1 is needed by
kernel-smp-2.2.17-14

I haven't been able to update RPM package because it sends me a lot of
this errors:

file /bin/rpm from install of rpm-3.0.5-9.6x conflicts with file from
package rpm-3.0.4-

Can anybody help me figure it out what is the problem??

Would RH7.0 be a better choice than updataing the kernel ??, any
experience with gaussian, gamess, or nwchem on RH7.0 ???

I will Thank you a lot !
Max

-
 BE CAREFUL NOT TO BECOME TOO GOOD OF A SONGBIRD OR
 THEY'LL THROW YOU INTO A CAGE.

                                    -- SNOOPY TO WOODSTOCK