Subject: electron transfer theory/electronic coupling

From: "Hui-Hsu (Gavin) Tsai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:14:55 -0500

Dear CCLers:

I have one following question about electron transfer theory...

I have started to explore the electron transfer theory and did some
literature searches.

I mainly focused on electronic coupling and photoinduced systems.

My search shows that the methods (electronic coupling) span from simple
models such as expoential decay of distance, to Huckel theory, the
integration of donor and acceptor ground states, and to very complicated
integration of donor and acceptor configuration interactions. 

Because there are too many theories and models, it is very difficult to
judge which method is more reliable or flexible, which method is famous
or has been standarized,. or which method can utilize computational
software such as Gaussian98 to help the integration of electronic
coupling?

Is there any one who can share your experiences with me? comments and
suggestions are welcome and appreciated. 

Sincerely,

Gavin