Subject: Java applets for neural networks

From: "J.Aires de Sousa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:47:00 +0000

JATOON has been developed as Java applets for training and applying
neural networks. In version 1.0 three architectures have been
implemented: Kohonen self-organizing maps, counter-propagation neural
networks, and back-propagation neural networks.

Some features of JATOON are:
        . simple and intuitive GUI
        . 'life' visualization of maps during training
        . monitoring of BPG NN training by continuous evaluation
          of a test set
        . prediction and mapping of new objects after training

I'm currently accepting proposals of projects that would use JATOON for
cheminformatics or bioinformatics applications, or for teaching neural
networks.

The authors of the selected projects will have free access to the
software. I will consider the development of adapted versions for
specific requirements of the projects.

Please contact me for more details.

-- 
Dr. Joao Aires de Sousa

e-mail:[email-masked]
www: http://www.dq.fct.unl.pt/qoa/jas/

Departamento de Quimica, Fac. Ciencias e Tecnologia,
Univ. Nova de Lisboa, 2825 - 114 Caparica, Portugal