Subject: MSI Customer Training Workshops in Israel

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 21:29:06 -0800

Molecular Simulations Inc. will be holding a pair of 2-day workshops at the 
Tel Aviv University in Tel Aviv, Israel.

On 30 April to 1 May, the "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences 
Workshop" will be offered.  This course provides an overview of molecular 
modeling techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2.  The 
workshop will focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will 
explore various modules in the areas of rational-drug design, 
structure-based drug design, and combinatorial chemistry.  Prior modeling 
experience is not assumed making this course a great place to learn 
molecular modeling with Cerius2.

On 2-3 May, the "Introduction to Catalyst Workshop" will be 
presented.  This workshop is intended to introduce customers to 
pharmacophore generation and to the Catalyst user interface. No prior 
experience with molecular modeling is needed. The workshop begins with the 
basics of the Catalyst interface and builds to simple pharmacophore 
generation, selection of training sets, and three-dimensional database 
searching.   Attendees should possess knowledge of basic UNIX commands and 
have a basic understanding of QSAR theory.

Fees for each 2-day course are US$1000 commercial, US$500 government, and 
US$400 academic.  However, register for both courses and receive a 25% 
discount for the second course.

Further detailed information about this and other MSI training workshops, 
as well as on-line course registration, can be found at MSI's website 
(http://www.msi.com/about/events/training).  Please do not hesitate to 
contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

				Jeffrey L. Nauss
				MSI Customer Training Programs

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Customer Training Programs	Fax: (858) 458-0136
Molecular Simulations Inc.	E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.msi.com/about/events/training
San Diego, CA 92121-3752