Subject: Large Dense Matrix Eigenproblems

From: "Peter Zintnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:14:50 +0100

Hello colleagues,

We plan to test the convergence of a new method developed for solving large
dense matrix problems resulting from the spectral solution of differen-
tial equations. We should be very grateful to everyone for sending the clear
descriptions or references of articles concerning the numerical solution of
real world problems represented by selfadjoint elliptic operators the solution
of which requires to solve systems of linear equations or matrix eigenproblems
(not more than 10-20 smallest eigenvalues) with DENSE positive definite
matrices of the order higher than 100 000. Many thanks in advance.
     With best regards,
                                 Peter Zitnan
                                 Department of Applied Mathematics
                                 Faculty of Science, University of Zilina
                                 Hurbanova 15, 01026 Zilina
                                 SLOVAKIA

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                                 E-mail: [email-masked]