Subject: DFT for astronomers

From: "Ivan I. Oleinik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:07:09 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I friend of mine who is astronomer asked me about review papers that can
provide comprehensible introduction to density functional theory. Can
anyone recommend the papers that would contain general overview of the
theory and the field as well as discussion about capabilities,
limitations, future opportunities for studying molecular and solid state
systems?

Thanks very much,

Ivan Oleinik

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ivan I. Oleinik                 E-mail : [email-masked]
Department of Materials
University of Oxford
Parks Road
Oxford OX1 3PH                     Tel : +44 (0)1865 283325
United Kingdom                     Fax : +44 (0)1865 273764 
------------------------------------------------------------------------