Subject: Re: CCL:DFT for astronomers

From: "Ivan I. Oleinik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 19:12:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

In response to my posting today I received numerous responses where people
referred to classical texts on theory of DFT like "DFT of Atoms and
Molecules" by Parr and Yang, "A chemists guide to DFT" by Koch and
Holthausen etc. These books are on my shelf but I did not want to
recommend them to my friend-astronomer. He is not going to become an
expert in the DFT theory, but just wants to get a grasp of general ideas
on much more qualitative level. I thought there are some articles, not the
books that you can even recommend to undergraduates that are not majoring
in chemistry or physics. This was my original idea to ask for help.

Thanks anyway,

Ivan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ivan I. Oleinik                 E-mail : [email-masked]
Department of Materials
University of Oxford
Parks Road
Oxford OX1 3PH                     Tel : +44 (0)1865 283325
United Kingdom                     Fax : +44 (0)1865 273764 
------------------------------------------------------------------------