Subject: 01.08..26 Call For Papers -- SAMs Modeling Symposium at Summer ACS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:27:40 -0600

[ Converted to text by jkl from MS-WORD attachments ]
    [ Sorry for intrusion... ]

Hi Folks,
     Attached could you please an invitation letter and Call for Papers for
the symposium:

  Computational Modeling and Simulation of Self-Assembled Materials

which Mario Blanco and I are co-organizing.  The symposium will be held at
the Chicago National ACS meeting this summer.  Would you please consider
submitting a paper in this rapidly developing and increasingly important field.
The ACS on-line abstract service is now accepting abstracts for this
meeting.  The deadline for submitting abstracts is April 15, 2001.
If there any questions or you would like more info could you please feel
free to contact either Mario or myself.  Could you also please kindly forward
this to other folks you think might be interested.

Thanks very much and with best regards,
Rick

(See attached file: SAMS_announc)
(See attached file: SAMs_Symp_invite_lett)

=======================================================================
        
   Dear Colleague:
      
This note is to invite you to participate in the symposium:

    Computational Modeling and Simulation of Self-Assembled Materials

    222nd National American Chemical Society Meeting in Chicago, IL

                            August 26-30, 2001

       Sponsored by the Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry
       Co-Sponsored by the Division of Computers in Chemistry
               and the Division of Fluorine Chemistry

The symposium will be focused on the computational modeling and simulation
of self-assembled materials such as self-assembled organic monolayers,
multi-layer films, and polymers.Contributions are requested which cover
a wide range of chemistries including hydrocarbon, fluorocarbon, silane-based,
mixed chemistry and more.The modeling of materials as freestanding films and
membranes as well as on substrates is of interest.Papers are requested
for the symposium, which will cover a wide-range of molecular
compounds, synthetic polymeric materials, biological compounds, and
biopolymers.Contributions focused on self-organization involving both
polymeric sidechains and/or backbones are of great interest.Papers are
also requested employing a wide range of methodologies including for
example atomistic molecular modeling and simulation approaches,
mesoscale approaches, and more.
         
In addition to presentations during the ACS meeting we plan to organize
a group social event to allow for greater interaction of participants.
We are also planning on publishing the proceedings in an ACS or other
appropriate review series. Complementing the Computational Modeling and
Simulation Symposium in the Colloids and Surfaces Division will be symposia
on Gels and Self-Assembled Films, Advances at the Solid Liquid Interface,
and Advanced Membrane Materials.
    
Attached could you please find the formal Call for Papers.
In addition could you please feel free to contact either of
us for any additional information.Thank you very much.
        
With best regards,

 co-organizer:                                  co-organizer:

 Mario Blanco                                   Rick Ross
 California Institute of Technology             3M Company
 [email-masked]                          [email-masked]
                            
=============================================================================

    SAMs Symposium Additional Possible Speakers

           CALL FOR PAPERS
           ===============
      
Computational Modeling and Simulation of Self-Assembled Materials
              A Symposium to be held at the
222nd National American Chemical Society Meeting in Chicago, IL

                      August 26-30, 2001

      Sponsored by the Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry
      Co-Sponsored by the Division of Computers in Chemistry
                 and the Division of Fluorine Chemistry

      Co-Organizers:
      Mario Blanco, California Institute of Technology,
      BI 139-74, Pasadena, CA 91125
      ([email-masked])

      Rick Ross, 201-2E-23, 3M Company, St. Paul, MN 55144
      ([email-masked])

                              Summary

   This symposium will be focused on the computational
modeling and simulation of self-assembled materials such as
self-assembled organic monolayers, multi-layer films, and
polymers. Contributions are requested which cover a wide range of
chemistries including hydrocarbon, fluorocarbon, silane-based, mixed
chemistry and more. The modeling of materials as freestanding films and
membranes as well as on substrates is of interest. Papers are requested
for the symposium, which will cover a wide-range of molecular
compounds, synthetic polymeric materials, biological compounds, and
biopolymers. Contributions focused onself-organization involving both
polymeric sidechains and/or backbones are of great interest.Papers are
also requested employing a wide range of methodologies including for
example atomistic molecular modeling and simulation approaches,
mesoscale approaches, and more.

          Abstract Deadline:
Abstracts for talks and poster sessions are
being accepted now.Deadline for submission of 150-word abstract is
pril 30, 2001.The co-organizers will select approximately 28 for talks.

         Abstract Submission Procedure:
Submit abstracts via the Online Abstract
Submittal System (OASys) at www.acs.org/meetings. Identify this
symposium under the Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry and
nput your abstract.
         
For more information, please contact one of the co-organizers above.

=======================================================================