Subject: Re: CCL:MOPAC software

From: "William F. Polik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:20:12 -0500

At 01:38 PM 3/15/01 +0100, you wrote:
>you could take a look at http://www.fqspl.com.pl/winmopac
>
> >I am very interesting with the MOPAC software, and I would like to ask you
> >if there is an available version of MOPAC, please tell me where I could
> >obtain it.

MOPAC2000 (for various platforms) commercially available as indicated above.

The older, public domain, free versions of MOPAC, such as MOPAC6 and MOPAC7 
(which is a pre-release version of MOPAC93) are available from the ccl.net 
software archives at
      ftp.ccl.net
in the
      /pub/software/chemistry
directory and below.  In particular, check out
      /pub/software/chemistry/SOURCES/FORTRAN/mopac6_sources
and
      /pub/software/chemistry/SOURCES/FORTRAN/mopac7_sources

Complete installation instructions for MOPAC7 on linux are available at
      http://www.chem.hope.edu/webmo/support/mopac_linux.html

Will Polik

===================================================================
William F. Polik             email: [email-masked]
Department of Chemistry      url:   http://www.chem.hope.edu/~polik
Hope College                 phone: (616) 395-7639
35 East 12th Street          fax:   (616) 395-7118
Holland, MI  49422-9000
===================================================================

---

From: George Vacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:34:00 -0800

> MOPAC2000 (for various platforms) commercially available as indicated above.

Actually, that's WinMopac indicated above, including Mopac97.  For Mopac2000 try

http://www.schrodinger.com/mopac2.html.

The page contains links to regional distributors.

Regards,
George Vacek
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[email-masked] (503)299-1150 http://www.schrodinger.com/~vacek/
Schrodinger, Inc., 1500 SW First Ave., Suite 1180, Portland, OR 97201

Every culture that has lost myth has lost, by the same token, its
natural, healthy creativity.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche "The Birth of Tragedy" 1872
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-