Subject: Re: CCL:Short Budget

From: "art'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:25:21 +0100

Good day CCL'ers,

The talk turned to something other way from initial topic, so I should some
excuse to Yubo Fan.

About Athlon and DDR .... Yes, I have surfed internet right for this topic about
DDR benchmarks and Athlon. The improvement of DDR to common memory is not very
impressive. I think the essence of DDR is very good, as the new efficient PC
memory is market will have its place and we all are interested in high speed and
in price affordable RAM. The problem about DDR and Athlon could be that AMD
started DDR implementation late compared to Intel. There is possibility, that DDR
techniques could became more efficient in Athlon (AMD) systems in the future, as
good CPU needs good RAM :)). But this is just philosophy ...

I would like to ask about dual Athlon motherboards ... Could anyone point to
manufacture of dual M/B for Athlon or post the link to pages concerning dual
Athlon systems ?

Best regards
A.Ziemys

> Athlons seem to not be able to make much use from DDR SDRAM's higher
> bandwidth, but Gaussian98 might be different in this case. It will be
> interesting to compare it with Gaussian98 benchmarks on dual-Athlong DDR
> systems (a well-known Beowulfer is currently running a few benchmarks,
> hopefully it will include Gaussian98).