Subject: Binding Database

From: "Michael K. Gilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:34:47 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to call your attention to a web-accessible database of
measured intermolecular binding affinities (BindingDB) that my group
is developing at www.bindingdb.org.  We think the database will be
useful for molecular design and for testing and parameterization of
computational models.

The user-interface supports queries by molecule name, binding free
energy, chemical substructure, sequence homology, and a few other
criteria. It also supports on-line data deposition, though it will
probably be another month or so before we start accepting data by this
route.

The data holdings are currently modest and are limited to measurements
by isothermal titration calorimetry.  However, they are being expanded
to include enzyme inhibition data (Ki, IC50, etc.), and we hope to see
data start to flow in when the on-line deposition pathway is opened
up.

If you are interested in the database, I would greatly appreciate your
looking it over and filling out the on-line "site evaluation", which
asks what you like and dislike about the site, and about how you might
like to use the binding database in your own work. This information
will help us to improve the site and, we hope, to obtain continued
funding for the project.

Feel free to contact me directly as well if you would like further
information or have other comments or suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Gilson