Subject: World Chemistry Congress, July 1-6, 2001, Australia, Update

From: "Dr. Dave Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:00:08 +1100

Dear Colleagues,

Time is running short for registration and abstract submsission for the
IUPAC World Chemistry Congress.  This promises to be the largest chemistry
congress ever held in Australia.  There is a first class program and
excellent networking opportunities.

	W O R L D   C H E M I S T R Y   C O N G R E S S
		1 - 6 JULY 2001, BRISBANE AUSTRALIA

Dear Colleague

The World Chemistry Congress takes place in Brisbane from July 1-6
2001.The Congress comprises:

... the IUPAC 38th Scientific Congress
... the 9th Asian Chemical Congress
... the Asian Federation of Medicinal Chemistry conference  - AIMECS 01.

All three meetings are held together in the same venue (Brisbane
Convention and Exhibition centre) at the same time.

We have put together an exciting program of plenary lectures and invited
talks, details of which can be found on our website
(http://www.ccm.com.au/wcc.). Invited speakers include several Nobel
laureates.  The Congress has a wide range of social events and a trade
exhibition.

The call for abstracts closes on March 31st, so if you are planning to
attend and to give a paper, now is a good time to finalise and submit
your abstract. Details of how to prepare and to submit abstracts are
available on the web site. Abstracts will not be considered or published
unless one of the authors is a registered delegate.

The standard registration fee of $780 Australian (approx $390 USD) for
members of national chemical societies applies until March 31st 2001.
Student registration costs (for student members of national chemical
societies) are $350 Australian ($175 USD) until March 31st.

A limited number of concessional registrations ( $350 Australian) are
available to delegates from emerging countries. Please see our web site
(please look under the 9ACC Program button for further details of
eligibility for a concessional rate).

Registration rates for delegates who are not members of a national
chemical society are $1040 (non-student), $470 (student, concessional)
Australian respectively.

All registrations include:
... access to the Congress technical sessions
... abstract booklet,
... tea/coffee and lunch each day of the scientific program,
... plus a free travel pass for travel on public transport in the Brisbane
area.

The registration rates for the World Chemistry Congress increase after
March 31st, so if you have not yet completed registration formalities,
now  is a very convenient time to do so.

Timely submission of your registration forms will also help us provide
you with the style and quality
of accommodation you request. There is exceptionally heavy demand for
accommodation in Brisbane over the conference dates and we urge you to
book as soon as possible.

Finally we wish to advise that we have received some funding from IUPAC
to provide a limited number (approx 25 each of value up to $1500
Australian) of travel grants for delegates from lower income countries
who present posters. Details of this are being placed on the website
right now. These delegates are also eligible for the concessional rate
rather than the full rate of registration. Please note that travel grants
can only be
awarded to delegates who are presenting a poster at the Congress.

Applicants for a travel grant should

(i) 	return a registration form (by March 31st please)
(ii) 	submit an abstract for a poster presentation
(iii) 	send a very brief (max. 50 word) email to
[email-masked] requesting a travel grant and providing country
of residence details.

The Organising Committee will select travel grantees on the basis of the
submitted abstracts. Delegates selected for travel grants will be
notified by email during April.

We look forward to greeting you in Brisbane in July 2001.

Yours sincerely

Mary Garson
(Executive Secretariat)

Cheers,

Dave

Dr. David A. Winkler                    Email: [email-masked]
Senior Principal Research Scientist     Voice: 61-3-9545-2477
CSIRO Molecular Science			Fax:   61-3-9545-2446
Private Bag 10,Clayton South MDC 3169   http://www.csiro.au
Australia 	        		http://www.molsci.csiro.au

For the World Chemical Congress in Brisbane, July 2001 check the details at
http://www.ccm.com.au/wcc