Subject: Orthographic projections in VMD

From: Devapriya Choudhury <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:58:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi All,
  When I generate a picture in VMD using the Orthographic projection mode
and subsequently render the image (Raster3D), the view seems to
automatically shift to perspective projection mode.
 Does anyone know a fix ?

Thanks in advance,

Devapriya

-- 
_____________________________________________________
Devapriya Choudhury

Office:                           Home:
Deptt. of Molecular Biology       Oskar Arpis Vag 2,2  
Box 590, BMC,                     S75650, Uppsala
S75124, Uppsala                   Sweden
Sweden

Tel: +46 18 4714523               +46 18 400314
FAX: +46 18 536971
e-mail [email-masked]
_____________________________________________________

---

From: Devapriya Choudhury <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:09:57 +0100 (CET)

Hi All,
  Thanks to Barry Israelevich for the quick reply. Although in Raster3D
there are no explicit camera position or zoom variables. But I think I
managed to do that by tweaking the global X-form matrix. 
 Come to think of it, it would be nice if once the
orthographic/perspective projections are set, the same be taken into
account while generating the ray-tracer input file.

Thanks once again.
Devapriya

----Replies---------------------------------------------
(1) From: Barry Isralewitz <[email-masked]>
        A near-perfect way to simulate orthographic coordinates with
any raytracing program (such as Raster3D) is: move the camera far
back, increase the zoom appropriately.  Most raytracing programs have
these two paramaters early in their input files (written by VMD), so
just alter the settings, then re-run the ouput file (i.e. plot.r3d)
through the renderer.

(2) From: Adrian E. Roitberg <[email-masked]>
 would love to know the answer to that one !
THe same thing happens with povray...
-- 
_____________________________________________________
Devapriya Choudhury

Office:                           Home: