Subject: g94 under RedHat Linux 7.0 with g77/f2c

From: Dave Price <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:29:53 +0000

Dear Computational Chemists,
	Until our copy of g98 arrives (ordered), I am trying to compile
g94 on a 1GHz Athlon system with 512 MB RAM under RedHat Linux 7.0.
I have checked the archives, but found nothing directly applicable.
Anyone any ideas about these problems-

Using bsd/bldg94 > bldg94.log

We get lots of  ......

cc: -sort-common: linker input file unused since linking not done

errors/commets, then just before it quits we get ........

cc: -sort-common: linker input file unused since linking not done
ml402.f:
   MAIN ml402:
cc: -sort-common: linker input file unused since linking not done
bd0402.o(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `natorb_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x1c0): multiple definition of `atomic_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x1c0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x880): multiple definition of `vsips_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x880): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x12a0): multiple definition of `istope_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x12a0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x1600): multiple definition of `ideas_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x1600): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x7a60): multiple definition of `ideap_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x7a60): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0xdec0): multiple definition of `mndo_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0xdec0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x12860): multiple definition of `pm3_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x12860): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x17200): multiple definition of `alptm_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x17200): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x173e0): multiple definition of `elemts_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x173e0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x174c0): multiple definition of `refs_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x174c0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x1fa80): multiple definition of `onele3_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x1fa80): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x1fba0): multiple definition of `twoel3_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x1fba0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x1ff00): multiple definition of `atomi3_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x1ff00): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x20020): multiple definition of `beta3_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x20020): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x20500): multiple definition of `alpha3_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x20500): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x209e0): multiple definition of `expon3_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x209e0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x20b00): multiple definition of `alpha_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x20b00): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x20e60): multiple definition of `core_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x20e60): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x211c0): multiple definition of `multip_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x211c0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x22280): multiple definition of `expont_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x22280): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x22ca0): multiple definition of `onelec_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x22ca0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x236c0): multiple definition of `betas_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x236c0): first defined here
bd0402.o(.data+0x240e0): multiple definition of `twoele_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.data+0x240e0): first defined here
bd0402.o: In function `bd0402_':
bd0402.o(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `bd0402_'
l402.a(bd0402.o)(.text+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [l402.exe] Error 1

Any suggestions most welcome.  Or a working makefile :^)
	Cheers,
		Dave

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. David W. Price MA CChem MRSC      Tel: +44 (0)118 9875123  extn
7415
Department of Chemistry,              Fax: +44 (0)118 9316331
University of Reading,                mailto:[email-masked]
Whiteknights, 
READING
RG6 6AD 
U.K.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------