Subject: Computational Chemistry Users Meeting at Pacific Northwest Nation al Laboratory (fwd)

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:17:02 -0500 (EST)

The William R. Wiley Environmental Molecular Science Laboratory (EMSL)

	The Theory, Modeling and Simulation Directorate would like to invite you
to attend a special two day Computational Chemistry Users Meeting June 18-19.
This year's event will focus upon the users of the Molecular Science Software
Suite (MS3) consisting of the high performance computational chemistry software,
NWChem, its associated user interface, Ecce, and the underpinning set of high
performance tools, ParSoft, as well as chemistry users of the Molecular Science
Computing Facility.  This two-day meeting will feature:

		*	A half-day session of presentations by MS3 developers
highlighting the current functionality and capabilities of the software as well
as potential new capabilities,
		*	Two half-day sessions of short talks by users of the MS3
and the MSCF computing facility describing their research and needs for new
capabilities,
		*	A half-day tutorial for people who wish to develop
computational chemistry software within NWChem,
		*	An Ecce installation tutorial, and 
		*	A Poster session

	The users meeting will be held at the EMSL and we will provide access to
the MSCF software and hardware facilities as needed.  This notice will be
followed very shortly by a second announcement with links to the appropriate
registration web site.  Please mark your calendars and join us with
presentations of your computational chemistry successes as well as identifying
important future requirements.  Registration for foreign nationals need to be
submitted as soon as possible and no later than April 6th.

Erich R. Vorpagel, Ph.D.     Senior Staff Scientist
MSCF Visualization and User Services Group 
Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory      
3335 Q Ave., MS K8-91                Phone:  509-376-0751
Richland, WA  99352                     FAX:     509-376-0420
Email: [email-masked]    
Web:  http://www.emsl.pnl.gov/pub/mscf