Subject: Conference on Protein Interactions, June 16-19, 2001, Charleston, SC

From: Ilya Vakser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:15:52 -0500

Conference on MODELING OF PROTEIN INTERACTIONS IN GENOMES
June 16-19, 2001, Charleston, SC 

*** CALL FOR PAPERS ***

The conference focuses on computational procedures for reconstruction
and study of the network of connections between proteins in genomes.

The sponsors are: the National Science Foundation, the Department of
Energy, and the Medical University of South Carolina.

The conference is organized by Ilya Vakser (Medical University of South
Carolina) and Sandor Vajda (Boston University).

PROGRAM topics:

PROTEIN-PROTEIN DOCKING
  (structure prediction and binding simulation)
ENERGETICS AND PROTEIN STRUCTURE-FUNCTION RELATIONSHIPS 
  (energy landscapes, stability of complexes, functional assignment of
protein structures, binding site prediction) 
PROTEIN - SMALL MOLECULE INTERACTIONS
  (modulation of protein interactions by small molecules, protein
mimetics)
INTERACTING AND NONINTERACTING PROTEINS 
  (identification of interactions and pathways)

Confirmed Speakers include:

Charles Brooks, Scripps Institute
Adrian Elcock, University of Iowa 
Mark Gerstein, Yale University 
Adam Godzik, Burnham Institute 
Christopher Hogue, Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto 
Barry Honig, Columbia University 
Joel Janin, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 
Peter Karp, SRI International 
Edward Marcotte, University of Texas 
Andrew McCammon, University of California San Diego 
Ruth Nussinov, National Cancer Institute 
Arthur Olson, Scripps Institute 
Harold Scheraga, Cornell University 
Benno Schwikowski, Institute for Systems Biology 
Brian Shoichet, Northwestern University 
Jeffrey Skolnick, Danforth Center 
Michael Sternberg, Imperial Cancer Research Fund 
Lynn Ten Eyck, San Diego Supercomputer Center 
Shoshana Wodak, University Libre de Bruxelles 
Peter Wolynes, University of California San Diego

-------------

PARTICIPATION

The number of participants is limited to 100. In selecting participants,
the preference will be given to those who would present a poster on the
subject of the conference. If you would like to attend the conference,
please submit a request, by e-mail only, to Ilya Vakser
([email-masked]) or Sandor Vajda ([email-masked]). Include a brief
(a few sentences) description of your research, your full affiliation,
position (faculty, postdoc, student, etc.), address (email and regular),
and the day-time phone number. If you would like to present a poster,
please include a half-page abstract. The deadline for the submission of
applications is April 16. We will contact you by April 23 to let you
know whether your application is accepted. If your application is
accepted, we will communicate with you regarding the details of
registration, accommodation, and travel. 

The early registration fee for the participants of the conference will
be $200 ($100 for postdocs and students). Limited funds are available to
support the participation of postdocs and students. The postdocs and
students who wish to be considered for the financial assistance, please,
indicate this in your application. The assistance will be provided in
the form of reimbursement of your travel expenses, after the conference.

The conference will take place at the Lightsey Conference Center in the
Charleston historic district. Several hotels are located in the 
immediate vicinity of the Lightsey Conference Center. The hotel
information will be provided in April.

The details of the conference can be found at the conference web site,
http://reco3.musc.edu/conference , which will be regularly updated.