Subject: OpenSource Catagorization (was: DCD and software reuse)

From: "E.L. Willighagen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 07:42:32 +0100 (MET)

> > My guess is that the impact of significant amounts of
> > *reusable* source-code building blocks would be profound and world
> > changing.

> I agree completely, but I wonder how many others do.

There are lists with GPL software (chemistry).
And looking at the number, there are enough programms to start with...

This link (look for green GPL marks :)

  http://SAL.KachinaTech.COM/Z/2/index.shtml

There is also an initiative called OpenScience which is a catagorization
of OpenSource (GPL/BSD/etc license):

  http://www.openscience.org/

But it is not just focused on chemistry...

So the actual problem looks coordination ideed.

> Some sort of coordination sounds like a very good idea.

> But it would be nice to have a catalogue of projects,

OpenScience? 

Egon