Subject: Re: CCL:BABEL & sybyl format

From: Francois Dupradeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:42:40 +0100

Dear Dave,

>Are you trying to get structures converted from Sybyl to InsightII?  If so,
>you can simply write out .mol2 formatted files directly from Sybyl and then
>read them into to InsightII using that format.  Alternatively, just use the
>PDB format directly.  Hope this helps.

I know that. My problem is with BABEL: I do:
1)
xxx.PDB structure ---BABEL_1.6---> xxx.mol2
2)
I can not read xxx.mol2 in InsightII even if I toggle on the .mol2 format in
the InsightII graphic interface...

=> It looks like that SYBYL BABEL and the SYBYL InsightII formats are
different and incompatible. So my question was is there a way to modify the
BABEL source ?

The Sybyl format is very interesting as there is the cartesian coordinates
with the charges without the force field parameters...

Best regards,
Francois
 --
F.-Y. Dupradeau            
http://www.u-picardie.fr/UPIC/UPJV/recherche/labos/bpd/fyd.htm