Subject: DALTON11.0108 on DEC Alpha XP1000 FreeBSD

From: Arvydas Tamulis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:45:59 +0200 (EET)

Dear Netters,

We have problems with Dalton11.0108 packake installation in our Compaq
Digital Alpha XP1000. Maybe somebody can help us.

Unfortunately we are not able to compile Dalton11.0108 DEC version with
FreeBSD because it is necessary to to compile together 64 bits arithmetics
and the special DEC options.
Seems that it is necessary to write the new Makefile for Dalton11.0108
which selectively would be able activate 64 bits arithmethics and the rest
part of Dalton code activate like it is done for Linux.
Maybe somebody already done this and can share with your experience.

We have Pentium II with FreeBSD and Linux emulation and sucessfully
installed Dalton11.0108 and calculated tests well. First version Dalton1.0.1
was sucessfully compiled on our XP1000 FreeBSD and calculated tests well.
Summarising, only with compilation of Dalton11.0108 on XP1000 FreeBSD we
have problems and therefore asking for your help.

Thanking your in advance for advises and help.
With best regards, Arvydas Tamulis
*************************************************
           Arvydas Tamulis

Doctor of Natural Sciences, senior research fellow

Institute of Theoretical Physics and Astronomy,
Theoretical Molecular Electronics Research Group,
A. Gostauto 12, Vilnius 2600, Lithuania
e-mail: [email-masked]; WEBsite: http://www.itpa.lt/~tamulis/
fax: +(370-2)-225361  or  +(370-2)-224694
Phone: +(370-2)-620861
Home address: Didlaukio 27-40, Vilnius 2057, Lithuania
Phone: +(370-2)-778743