Subject: Workshop on Quantum Systems in chemistry and physics, 19-24 April, Sofia, Bulgaria

From: "quantum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:46:25 +0300

There's still an opportunity to participate in the workshop! vm

========

THIRD ANNOUNCEMENT

 Sixth European Workshop on

 QUANTUM SYSTEMS IN CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS

 19-24 April, 2001

 Sofia, Bulgaria

 Scientific Organizing Committee:
 E. Brandas (University of Uppsala) and H. Agren (The Royal Institute of
Technology, Stockholm), Sweden
 J. Stamenov and Ya. Delchev (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia),
Bulgaria
 R. McWeeny (Universita di Pisa), Italy
 J. Maruani (C.N.R.S., Paris), France
 Y.G. Smeyers (C.S.I.C., Madrid), Spain
 S. Wilson (Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Oxon), England

 Local Organizing Committee:
 R. Pavlov, Ya. Delchev, A. Kuleff, and P. Yotov (Institute of Nuclear
Research, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia)
 V. Monev (Institute of Organic Chemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences,
Sofia)
 A. Tadjer (Department of Chemistry, University Saint Kliment Ohridski,
Sofia)

 This Workshop, like those held in Pisa (1996), Oxford (1997), Granada
(1998), Paris (1999) and Uppsala (2000), will bring together chemists and
physicists interested in many-body quantum systems in molecular and material
sciences. The Workshop will include sessions on :

 * Density matrices and density functionals (DMF)
 * Electron correlation treatments: many-body methods and configuration
 interaction (ECT)
 * Relativistic formulations and effects (RFE)
 * Valence theory: chemical bond and bond breaking (VT)
 * Nuclear motion: vibronic effects, flexible molecules (NM)
 * Response theory: properties and spectra; atoms and molecules in strong
 electric and magnetic fields (RT)
 * Condensed matter: clusters and crystals, surfaces and interfaces (CM)
 * Reactive collisions and chemical reactions (RC)
 * Computational chemistry, biochemistry and chemical physics (CC)

 It is planned to publish the Proceedings of the Workshop in the
"International Journal of Quantum Chemistry".

 In 2001 the QSCP workshop will be held for the first time in an Eastern
European country, Bulgaria. Also for the first time, the workshop will see
the award of the "QSCP Promising Scientist" Prize, offered by CMOA. Full
details on the Workshop and the Award will be found on the web site:
http://www.inrne.bas.bg/quantum/

 The Workshop will be held in the Boyana Presidential Residence. The
Bulgarian Minister of Education and Science has granted special permission
to use these prestigious premises. His deputy, B. Toshev, has accepted our
invitation to open the workshop.
 Details of the venue, travel arrangements, registration costs and other
matters, as well as a registration form for the late registrants, can be
found on our workshop web page at http://www.inrne.bas.bg/quantum.

 ================

quantum  (Valentin Monev)
Local Organizing Committee
QSCP-VI workshop
http://www.inrne.bas.bg/quantum/

Institute of Organic Chemistry
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Sofia 1113, Bulgaria

email:[email-masked]
tel.:  (359 2) 979 6675, 9606 193
fax:   (359 2) 700 225
**********************************