Subject: Bilayer

From: Danilo Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:01:08 -0400

Hi Folks!

I'm  working with a protein inserted in a bilayer. But when I try to
optimize the bilayer, it calculation is too big for my computer,..so,...

Anybody have this system optimized?,... I will appreciate if anybody
give me the coordinate file (car, pdb, etc.) of a bilayer (DPPC, POPC,
etc....).

Thanks a lot!

Danilo Gonzalez-Nilo
Faculty of Chemistry and Biology
University of Santiago of Chile.

---

From: "C. Michael McCallum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:21:29 -0700

> give me the coordinate file (car, pdb, etc.) of a bilayer (DPPC, POPC,

Do you have the time or the wherewithal to do it in chunks?  Make a patch of
bilayer, relax it, replicate it, make a hole, put in the protein, then
"freeze" the outer portion of the bilayer?  I think something like this was
done in:

Irailev, etc., Biophys. J. _77_, 1753 (1999)

Hope this helps,

--Mike

-- 
C. Michael McCallum         |  "That may be one tough nut to crack,
Associate Professor         |        but I am one determined
Chemistry, UOP              |             little squirrel"
[email-masked]           | (209) 946-2393 | fax (209) 946-2607