Subject: New releases: Marvin 2.7.6 and JChem/JKlustor 1.5.4

From: Ferenc Csizmadia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 14:28:35 +0200

Please excuse multiple postings.

Hi,

Marvin Applets and Marvin JavaBeans 2.7.6, JChem and JKlustor 1.5.4
have been released. The packages contain applications and development
tools.

- Marvin Applets and JavaBeans support drawing/displaying chemical
   structures and handling molecule objects.
- JChem provides chemical database searching capabilities by
   integration into relational database engines supporting SQL.
- JKlustor is a clustering software that can generate and apply 2D
   molecular fingerprints.

Marvin Applets are free for free web sites. MarvinSketch and
MarvinView applications are free for academic and home users.

NEW FEATURES:

New features in recent releases of Marvin:
- Faster and improved 2D coordinate calculation (cleaning) from
   SMILES/2D/3D input
- Animations
  (http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/example-view3.2.html - please
   be patient. It takes some time to download the applet and input of
   the animations.)
- XYZ and Extended (V3) Molfile import
- Text field component for tables
- Preloading and caching molecules
- MarvinView application also displays text fields (from SDfiles)
- MarvinSketch application saves to / loads from multi-molecule files
- Workarounds for Netscape 6
- Fixes
- Etc... (http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/news.html)

New features in recent releases of JChem:
- New clustering module: JKlustor
   http://www.jchem.com/doc/admin/JKlustor.html
- Improved compatibility with the Interbase Server product of Inprise.

- JChemManager (jcman) and JChemSearch (jcsearch) are also available
   as command line utilities.
- Includes the latest Marvin version
- Fixes
- Etc... (see http://www.jchem.com/changes.html)

The software can be tried/downloaded at
http://www.chemaxon.com/products.html

Regards,
Ferenc

--
Dr. Ferenc Csizmadia
Managing Director
ChemAxon Ltd.
http://www.chemaxon.com
mailto:[email-masked]