Subject: POTENTAL ENERGY SURFACE, CONCEPT

From: elewars <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:35:39 -0400

2001 April 12, Thursday

In his textbook "Physical Chemistry", 4th Ed., 1972, page 377, Walter J.
Moore (author of the definitive biography of Erwin Schroedinger, 1989)
says that "The idea that a chemical reaction can be represented by [a
potential energy surface] was suggested by Marcelin in 1915..." and
gives this reference:
Marcelin, Ann. Phys., 3, 158 (1915).

(1) Does anyone know who Marcelin was, and his initial(s) (A. Marcelin,
B. Marcelin, etc)?

(2) If someone could email or FAX me the title and author part of the
paper above I would very much appreciate it. Is _Ann. Phys._ of 1915
Annalen der Physik or Annales de Physique, or what?

Thank you.

E. Lewars

FAX (705) 748-1625

E.Lewars
=====