Subject: which level raid can give higher rate of date transfer in gaussian job.

From: "benny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 13:39:50 +0800

Dear CCl's :
  
  Is there anybody use a workstation including RAID SCIS hard disk to run
Gaussian98 by linux operation system.Now, I meet this problem.
I can't conform which level RAID will be most rapidly.
  
  I all have eight pieces hard disk.Each capability is 36G. My current
configuration is that the first and the second one be setted as "RAID 1". It
seemed as one logical driver.perhaps I name it as "A".then,the third and the
fourth one,will be "B".as well as "C" "D".Now there all are four logical
dirver:A,B,C,D. I config those four driver at level of "RAID 0". If somebody
have other suggestion, pleaes tell me.Thanks very much.

  Because of the large .rwf(almost 3-4G), I think the striping block will
effect the rate of date transfer obviously.Now my setting is 64KB.Perhaps it
isn't suitable.
 
Best Wishes.
Benny.