Subject: Final Call for Participation: Objects in Bio- & Chem-Informatics 2001, Boston (USA), July 9-10

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:15:12 -0400

We apologize to those who receive multiple copies of this email.
Please distribute this call to all interested parties.
Please note that abstracts are due in one week.
============================================

               Objects in Bio- & Chem-Informatics 2001
                      Call for Participation

IMPORTANT DATES:
Deadline for abstract submission:        May 7, 2001
Author notification:                     May 22, 2001
Deadline for revised abstract submission:     June 15, 2001

Objects In Bio- & Chem-Informatics 2001 (OiBC-2001), hosted by the OMG Life
Science Research Domain Task Force (LSR DTF) will be held at the Sheraton
Ferncroft Hotel, Danvers, Massachusetts, USA on July 9 and 10, 2001.

This two-day conference will focus on the role of object-oriented
technology, reusable software components, design patterns, and distributed
computing in life sciences research. The overall theme of the conference is
sharing best practices for implementing object-based systems for bio- and
chem-informatics. Conference scope includes object modeling and
implementation, independent of platform or language.

The OiBC Program Committee is currently seeking papers and posters
reporting original research and development of object-oriented software and
systems, the role of object-oriented technology, reusable software
components, design patterns, and distributed computing in life sciences
research.

Typical but not exclusive topics of interest include:

  * Bioinformatics and Genomics
  * Cheminformatics
  * Combinatorial libraries and drug design
  * Computational chemistry
  * Functional genomics
  * Information and data management for high-throughput experimental
biology
  * Macromolecular structure
  * Molecular sequence analysis
  * Pharmacogenomics
  * Proteomics
  * Object-Oriented Modeling, Design, and Ontologies for these disciplines
  * Efficient object and data stores for any of the disciplines listed
above
  * Advantages and return on investment of object-oriented technologies
  * Development and application of open standards for information
representation and software interoperability

Demonstrations of interoperability in systems using components from two or
more sources are particularly encouraged, either as posters or as platform
talks.

Authors should submit their extended (up to 5 pages) abstracts
electronically to:  [email-masked]
Questions regarding submissions may also be sent to this address.  In your
covering email, please clearly state the name, email address, and phone
number of the corresponding author; the presentation title; and your
preference for presentation (platform talk, poster, or demonstration).
Abstracts must be received by May 7, 2001, 23:59 local time.  This is a
firm deadline.

For more information about the Call for Participation and how to submit a
presentation or poster proposal see the OiBC web site at
http://www.omg.org/lsr/oibc/.