From: "Rino Ragno" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:47:15 +0200

Hello, everyone

I'm new at AMBER and I try to learning it.
Since I have always used TRIPOS I have lots of stuff in mol2 format I'd like
to use in amber. Till here there is no problem at all, but at the time I
convert the mol2 molecules into PDB files all the problems come out.
When I try to use the new PDB file, leap (or xleap) turned out that the
molecule have no atom type.
I checked and this is true, but I work with ligand-receptor complexes and
unfortunately the ligands are not protein based molecules and are thus
converted in a UNK residue.
Going around the AMBER distribution I founf a tripos_util command, but it is
not working or I do not how to use it.
Is there any utilities to convert a TRIPOS mol2 file into a AMBER one or in
a PDB file with the right atom types.

Anyone out there can help me?

Thank you in advance, I will summarize the answers i got.

Rino

++-------------------------------------------------------++
||  Dr. Rino Ragno                                       ||
||  Dip. Studi Chimica Tecnonologia Sostanze             ||
||       Biologicamente Attive                           ||
||  Facolta' di Farmacia - Universita' "La Sapienza"     ||
||  P.le Aldo Moro, 5 - 00185 - Roma/Italia              ||
||                                                       ||
||  E-mail:        [email-masked]  (work)        ||
++-------------------------------------------------------++