Subject: Gaussian 98 in PCcluster

From: Maija Lahtela <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:54:19 +0300 (EEST)

Dear All,

We are going to build up a PC cluster wiht Red Hat linux in order to run
Gaussian 98 A.9. Our propose is to start with 16 PCs and then enlarge it
100 PCs.

We have have tested by running Gaussian with one PC but the results has
not been very couraging while the code is slow. We have do not have Kinda
yet. However, I have found articles about running Gaussian with mpi which
sounds interesting for us.

We would appreciate if you could give us hint where we could find gaussian
mpi version or how you have build up your custer to run Gaussian jobs.

Thanks in advance! I will summarize.

Yours Sincerely,
Maija Lahtela-Kakkonen

*****************************************************
Maija Lahtela-Kakkonen,
Application Scientist / Chemistry
CSC-Scientific Computing
Tekniikantie 15 a D, P.O.Box 405
FIN-02101 ESPOO  FINLAND
TEL 358-9-4572079 /050-3819506, FAX 358-9-4572302
E-MAIL [email-masked], Internet:www.csc.fi
****************************************************