Subject: regression software under IRIX 6.5: SUMMARY

From: Francois Dupradeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:26:06 +0200

Few days ago, I asked the following question:

>Dear all,

>I look for regression software (non-linear regression; works under SGI IRIX
>6.5) I found a lot of Web sites presenting regression software that works
>under Windows and sometimes Linux but not on IRIX 6.5 (not 5.2...)
>I know "gnuplot" can make some regressions and I already use it but I would
>like to find some other ones.

>Moreover, if it is free for academic labs, it is better ;-)

>Thanks, Best regards,
>Francois

Thanks to all for your answers. Here are a summary of the answers, I received:
_________________________________________________________________________
xmgrace

http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/

Groeten, David.
________________________________________________________________________
Dr. David van der Spoel		Biomedical center, Dept. of Biochemistry
s-mail:	Husargatan 3, Box 576,  75123 Uppsala, Sweden
e-mail: [email-masked]	www: http://zorn.bmc.uu.se/~spoel
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have you considered xmgr
http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Xmgr/doc/xmgr.html

It does regression and is free.

Kristy Mardis
Pacific Lutheran University
________________________________________________________________________

Try the R project, a clone of S/Splus. It can do all sorts of 
regressions. Plus it's under the GPL. :-)

<http://www.r-project.org/>

-- 
-Geoff Hutchison	<[email-masked]>
Ratner/Marks Groups	(847) 491-3295
Northwestern Chemistry	http://www.chem.nwu.edu/
_______________________________________________________________________
Francois

I have my own PLS code (C) for SAMPLS if you are interested? It's a
simple command line interface. It includes crossvalidation and random
permutation routines ...

David
_____________________________________________________

David Turner                                             Synt:em
Senior Modeling Scientist              Parc Scientifique G.Besse
Computational Drug Discovery                         30000 Nimes
email: [email-masked]                                 France

Tel: 				       
Switchboard: +33 (0)4 66 04 86 66      Fax: +33 (0)4 66 04 86 67
Direct Line: +33 (0)4 66 04 22 85
________________________________________________________________

          Discover New Drugs, Discover Synt:em
                 http://www.syntem.com
__________________________________________________________________________

I use R for all my statistics

    http://www.r-project.org/

It runs on many different platforms (I've personally used it under both
Linux and Irix, but there are also Mac and Windows versions), and it's
a complete, modern, free (GPL) statistical computing environment.

Some possible negative points: it may be overkill for some purposes; it
does not have a graphical user interface; many modules are somewhat
indigestible to the non-statistician. However, I've been very happy with
it. The graphical capabilities are also good.

cheers,

Malcolm
--
Malcolm Gillies <[email-masked]>
Post-doctoral researcher
Organic Chemistry, Dept of Chemistry,
Technical University of Denmark
____________________________________________________________________________
_______________
Dear Francois,

did you check out

http://www.r-project.org/

?

I am not a user (yet) but the website invoked my curiosity.
So please let me know you think it is useful for you and if you
could compile it.

Thanks, Best regards,

Gerd

PS: Of course I would also like to offer you help if you are
    interested in Schrödinger Software (www.schrodinger.com), because
    we are the european distributeur for govermental and commercial
    institutions. Personally I do mostly Jaguar development
    (parallelization, calculation of thermodynamical properties).

--
       .   *        www.anterio.com       Gerd Räther   -   developer
  anteri o          Augustaanlage 26      [email-masked]  
    *        *      D-68165 Mannheim      +49 621 40041 -[t]33 -[f]40
____________________________________________________________________________
________________

You may want to look at 
http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/%7Ecjlin/libsvm

R

Ryszard Czerminski   phone: (781)994-0479
ArQule, Inc.         email:[email-masked]
19 Presidential Way  http://www.arqule.com
Woburn, MA 01801     fax: (781)994-0679
____________________________________________________________________________
_______________
Hi,

Xmgr or the newer derivative xmgrace are able to do this. I use both on linux 
but I don't think its a problem to compile it for irix (source code is freely 
available). In my opinion xmgr is better for plotting but xmgrace is better 
for doing mathmatical operations.

Please have a look at: http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Xmgr/ .There you 
will find both programs.

Best regards,

Bernd

PS: Please summarize your anwsers.
____________________________________________________________________________
_______________
 --
F.-Y. Dupradeau            
http://www.u-picardie.fr/UPIC/UPJV/recherche/labos/bpd/fyd.htm