Subject: amber and charmm

From: Alexander Wittkopp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 12:33:18 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear all,

    could anybody tell me what the abbreviations AMBER and CHARMM stand
for?

Any help is appreciated,

                            Alex

*******************************************************************************
                                              ("`-/")_.-'"``-._
Alexander Wittkopp                            (. . `) -._    )-;-,_()
Institut fuer Organische Chemie               (v_,)'  _  )`-.\  ``-
Georg-August Universitaet                     _;- _,-_/ / ((,'
Tammannstrasse 2                            ((,.-'  ((,/
37077 Goettingen   Email: [email-masked]   URL: http://www.gwdg.de/~awittko   
Germany            Phone: +49-(0)551-393290 Fax: +49-(0)551-399475

"eine ungerade Zahl, am besten prim hat immer guenstige Auswirkungen auf 
                     cache-trashing."
                                            T. Nau 
*******************************************************************************

---

From: elewars <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 11:16:43 -0400

Hello,

re the question about those names:

AMBER  Assisted Model Building with Energy Refinement

CHARMM  Chemistry at HARvard using Molecular Mechanics
              or  Chemistry at HARvard Macromolecular Mechanics
The academic version is CHARMM and the commercial version is CHARMm

E. Lewars
======

Alexander Wittkopp wrote:

> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody  | [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]