Subject: CCG ANNOUNCES THE CREATION OF THE "CCG YOUNG INVESTIGATORS AWARD" TO BE PRESENTED AT EUROCOMBI-1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 23:09:20 +0200

CCG ANNOUNCES THE CREATION OF THE "CCG YOUNG
INVESTIGATORS AWARD" TO BE PRESENTED AT EUROCOMBI-1

Lörrach, Budapest, May 20, 2001

Chemical Computing Group AG (www.chemcomp.com), in
conjunction with EUROCOMBI-1 (The First Symposium of the
European Society for Combinatorial Sciences), today
announced the creation of the "CCG Young Investigators
Award" to be presented at the upcoming Eurocombi-1
conference to be held in Budapest, July 1st – 5th, 2001. The
award is intended to recognize exceptional researchers in the
area of Combinatorial Chemistry. It will consist of a cash
payment of  $ 2000.

"We are very happy to provide support for the award," stated
Dr. Wolfram Altenhofen, Director of Scientific Services for CCG.
"We feel it is vital to recognize exceptional scientists and
encourage researchers in the area of Combinatorial
Chemistry".

Dr. Gábor Dibó, Associate Professor at Eötvös University,
Department of Organic Chemistry and organizer of Eurocombi-
1 who was reached in Budapest, said "We are delighted in
having CCG join with us in honoring excellence in
Combinatorial Chemistry research.  CCG is known as a leading
provider of Life Science/Drug discovery software while at the
same time has a reputation of being a strong supporter of
awards for scientific excellence."

Those interested in applying for the "CCG Young Investigators
Award" must have their applications in by: June 15, 2001.
Interested parties should forward an extended abstract (2–4
pages) to Dr. Gábor Dibó.  For more information, please see
www.eurocombi.com.

CCG is a leading provider of drug discovery softwares for the
pharmaceutical industry. MOE's built-in suites of applications
cover a wide range of research areas including:  High
Throughput Screening Data Analysis, Combinatorial Chemistry
Library Design, Protein & Homology Modeling, Structure Based
Design and methods development as well as molecular
modeling and simulation.  MOE runs on a variety of platforms
including Hewlett-Packard HP-UX, Silicon Graphics IRIX, Sun
Solaris, LINUX, Windows 95/98/2000 and Windows NT and can
be accessed via a graphical user interface, batch or Web
modes.

Dr. Wolfram Altenhofen
Director of Scientific Services
Chemical Computing Group AG

Wiesentalstr. 74a
79539 Lörrach
Germany

Fon: +49 7621 4223390
Fax. +49 7621 42233939
email: [email-masked]