Subject: MSI Workshop on Macromolecular X-ray Structure Determination

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:16:20 -0400

Molecular Simulations Inc, will be holding a 2-day "Macromolecular X-ray 
Structure Determination Workshop" at the San Diego Supercomputing Center, 
La Jolla, CA.  The event will be held July 17-18.

This workshop is designed for x-ray crystallographers who wish to be more 
effective with the MSI software for structure determination.  The workshop 
will encompass MSI's  principal software tools for protein crystallography; 
> from model building to structure refinement and validation.  The QUANTA and 
CNX user interfaces will be used with an emphasis on efficient use of the 
software.

During this two-day workshop, the following topics will be presented. After 
each lecture, an extended discussion/hands-on session will give attendees 
the opportunity to try out new strategies and methodologies and to discuss 
their own applications with scientists from MSI.

De-novo electron density map interpretation: bones skeletonization
      and C-alpha atoms tracing
Automated protein model building and refinement
Automated ligand fitting in protein-ligand complexes using electron
      density maps
Solvent placement
Structure refinement using CNX interface of QUANTA
Structure validation
Phasing X-ray data using Molecular replacement in CNX
Structure refinement using CNX

No experience with molecular modeling is required; however, experience in 
x-ray crystallography is essential.

Fees for the 2-day course are $1000 commercial, $500 government, and $400 
academic.

Please note that on June 1, MSI, Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG will 
become Accelrys.

Further detailed information about this and other MSI training workshops, 
as well as on-line course registration, can be found at MSI's website 
(http://www.msi.com/about/events/training).  Please do not hesitate to 
contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

				Jeffrey L. Nauss
				MSI Customer Training Programs

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Customer Training Programs	Fax: (858) 458-0136
Molecular Simulations Inc.	E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.msi.com/about/events/training
San Diego, CA 92121-3752

MSI, Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG will become Accelrys on June 1