Subject: References on Hydration patterns of ethylene and propylene glycols

From: "vishwanatha sastry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 11:31:47 +0530

Hello fellow research colleques and friends,

I am looking for references both latest and past on the experimental and 
spectroscopic studies on hydration patterns or liquid mixtures  of ethylene 
and propylene glycols + water. I request all those netters who are working 
in these particular systems or alcohol - water systems in general to respond 
with the literature references they may have in their files as well as with 
the addresses of research groups they know. We have started some  work on 
these sytems in bulk solution as well as in gas phase using ab initio MESP 
calculations. Our aim is to understand explicitly the  molecular 
interactions between the glycols and water and also ascertain the role 
played by the hydrophobic groups such as methyl groups on the cooperative 
interactions among wate - water contacts etc.. The past and contemporary 
references on such work are highly useful in planning our work properly.

Thanking in advance.

With best regards

yours sincerely

(Dr. N. V. Sastry)
C/O Prof. S. R. Gadre
Department of Chemistry
University of Pune
Pune - 411 007, India

email: [email-masked]
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.