Subject: WebMO 3.0: WWW-based interface to Gaussian, GAMESS, MOPAC

From: "William F. Polik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:19:49 -0400

WebMO and WebMO Pro version 3.0 have been officially released and are 
available for download at the WebMO website.  A tour of screenshots, a 
working demo server, and download information can be found at
       <http://www.webmo.net>http://www<http://www.webmo.net>.webmo.net

WebMO is a FREE web-based interface to popular computational chemistry 
programs including Gaussian, MOPAC, and GAMESS. WebMO permits users to 
build 3-D molecular structures, submit multiple jobs, monitor job progress, 
and view text and graphical results all from within a standard web-browser. 
WebMO has a very fast learning curve for novices, yet offers total control 
over every job for experts.

Features new to WebMO version 3.0 include:
    * Updated WebMO Editor featuring
       - Better support for large molecules
       - Free translation/rotation of selected fragments
       - Duplication of selected fragments
       - Built-in fragment library
       - Enhanced toolbar
    * Updated daemon to support multiple simultaneous running jobs
    * Fragment manager to extend built-in fragment library
    * Folder-based job organization system
    * Support for MOPAC 2000
    * Automatic bond creation during import of existing jobs
    * Various interface improvements and bug fixes

WebMO Pro is a commercial add-on to the freeware WebMO computational 
chemistry package.  WebMO Pro features a variety of powerful enhancements 
that are suitable for serious education, commercial, or research-level users.

In addition to all of the WebMO features, WebMO Pro adds the following:
    * Support for multiple remote computational servers
    * Visualization of molecular orbitals (Windows/PC clients only)
    * Improved job organization with unlimited user-customizable folders
    * Creation of spreadsheet summaries to compare results from multiple jobs
    * Individual user job calculation templates

Information on features, purchasing, and pricing of WebMO Pro can be found at
       <http://www.webmo.net/pro>http://www<http://www.webmo.net/pro>.webmo.net/pro

For a complete list of features, system requirements, screenshots, a 
working demo, download information, installation and upgrade instructions, 
general support information, and curriculum usage examples, visit the WebMO 
homepage at
        <http://www.webmo.net>http://www<http://www.webmo.net>.webmo.net

Enjoy!

The WebMO Team