Subject: phase information/orbitals question

From: Eric Scerri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:56:30 -0700

At the risk of re-opening the debate on the observation of orbitals,

I recently had a communication informing me that several experiments 
have provided  phase information involving electrons in atoms and 
molecules and that this can be regarded as evidence for wavefunctions 
as opposed to electron density.

I wonder if anyone has any views on this and/or whether they might 
provide examples of this kind of work.

eric scerri
-- 

Dr. Eric Scerri ,
UCLA,
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry,
607 Charles E. Young Drive East,
Los Angeles,  CA 90095-1569
USA

E-mail :   [email-masked]
tel:  310 206 7443
fax:  310 206 2061
Web Page:    http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Faculty/scerri/index.html

Editor  of  Foundations of Chemistry
http://www.wkap.nl/journalhome.htm/1386-4238

Also see International Society for the Philosophy of Chemistry
http://www.georgetown.edu/earleyj/ISPC.html