Subject: Objects in Bio- & Chem-Informatics 2001, Boston (USA), July 9-10

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:06:58 -0400

We apologize to those who receive multiple copies of this email.
Please distribute this call to all interested parties.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Objects in Bio- & Chem-Informatics 2001 (OiBC)
                                  July 9 and 10, 2001
                    Sheraton Ferncroft Resort, Danvers, Massachusetts, USA
                             http://www.omg.org/lsr/oibc/

Following in the tradition of the successful 'Objects in Bioinformatics'
conferences held in Hinxton, UK in 1997 and 98 and in San Jose, California
in 1999, Objects in Bio- & Chem-informatics 2001 focuses on the role of
object-oriented technology, reusable software components, ontologies,
design patterns, and distributed computing in life sciences research. The
conference is aimed at developers, integrators, and users of
object-oriented software for the biological and chemical research community
in both academia and industry. The overall theme of the conference is
sharing best practices for implementing object-based systems in life
sciences research. The conference will include lectures and poster sessions
on the application of these technologies to bioinformatics,
cheminformatics, genomics, structural biology, proteomics, computational
biology, and related disciplines.

The program will include presentations of current work from:

· ArQule                                 · NetGenics
· Azara                                  · Object Management Group
· BioAnalyte                             · open-bio.org
· Biogen                                 · Physiome Sciences
· Blackstone Technology Group            · San Diego Supercomputer Center
· Crystallics                            · Sandia National Laboratories
· Doubletwist                            · Sanger Centre
· European Bioinformatics Institute      · Scripps Research Institute
· GlaxoSmithKline                        · Synomics
· IBM Research                           · Thermo LabSystems
· Incyte Genomics                        · 3rd Millennium
· Keio University                        · University of Cambridge
· Life Science Informatics Solutions     · University of Colorado
· LION Bioscience                        · University of Connecticut
· Los Alamos National Laboratory         · University of Massachusetts
Lowell
· Millennium Pharmaceuticals             · Virtek
· National Institute of                  · Weizmann Institute of Science
   Standards and Technology              · Wyeth Ayerst Research

OiBC 2001 will be held in conjunction with OMG's Technical Committee (TC)
Meeting Week in Danvers, Massachusetts (19 miles north of Boston).
Attendees of OiBC-2001 are also invited to attend the OMG TC Meeting in its
entirety and view first hand OMG's standards adoption process in action.
During these meeting weeks, members will apply OMG's open, vendor-neutral,
consensus-building standardization process to set industry software
standards in domains such as Life Sciences Research, Telecommunications,
Manufacturing, Human Resources, and Healthcare.

The full agenda and presentation abstracts, as well as hotel and
registration information for OiBC 2001 are available at
www.omg.org/lsr/oibc.  To learn more about the initiatives underway with
the Life Science Research Domain Task Force, see their roadmap at
www.omg.org/lsr.