Subject: InsightII and Cerius2 workshops in August

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:10:08 -0400

On 1 June, Molecular Simulations Inc., Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG 
joined together to become Accelrys.  Now, we would like to announce four 
customer training workshops for August in the United States.  Two will be 
held in San Diego, and two will be held in New Jersey.

In San Diego, at the San Diego Supercomputer Center, two advanced InsightII 
workshops will be offered. On August 7-8, the "CHARMm Workshop" will be 
offered. This workshop
will provide a more in-depth coverage of molecular mechanics and dynamics 
focusing on the use of CHARMm. Both command line usage as well as use in 
InsightII will be
covered. No experience is necessary but knowledge of InsightII will be helpful.

On August 9-10, also in San Diego, the workshop "Structure-Based Drug 
Design with InsightII" will be conducted. This workshop is for experienced 
users of InsightII who are interested in docking and drug design. The focus 
will be on detailed studies of single ligand interactions with specific 
receptors. Extensive experience or completion of the "Introduction to Life 
Science Modeling with InsightII" workshop is required.

That same week, two workshops will be offered at Rutgers University, New 
Brunswick, NJ. On August 7-8, the "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life 
Sciences Workshop" will
be offered. This course provides an overview of molecular modeling 
techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2. The workshop will 
focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will explore various 
modules in the areas of rational-drug design, structure-based drug design, 
and combinatorial chemistry. Prior modeling experience is not assumed 
making this course a great place to learn molecular modeling with Cerius2.

Also, in New Brunswick on August 9-10, the "Small Molecule and Drug Design 
with Cerius2" workshop will be offered.  This workshop is aimed at our 
customers in the
pharmaceutical industry and who are involved in drug design and who would 
like to make more effective use of modeling in their research. The course 
will focus on QSAR
techniques and methodologies as well as structure-based drug design. 
Familiarity with the Cerius2 environment is required for attendance to this 
workshop.

Fees for each 2-day course are $1000 commercial, $500 government, and $400 
academic. However, register for more than one course and receive a 25% 
discount for the each
additional course.

Further detailed information about this and other Accelrys training 
workshops, as well as on-line course registration, can be found at the 
Accelrys website
(http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/index.html).

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Jeffrey L. Nauss
858-799-5555

Chris Arzt
858-799-5340

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Life Science Customer Training 	Fax: (858) 799-5100
Accelrys			E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/
San Diego, CA 92121-3752

On June 1, MSI, Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG became Accelrys.
Accelrys is a subsidiary of Pharmacopeia, Inc.