Subject: CHARMM: VDISTANCE keyword in NBOND options

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:50:34 -0400

Within CHARMM, I came across a keyword VDISTANCE while examining some of 
the options for nonbonded specifications.  It is used as a suggested 
nonbonded specification in the CHARMM27 force field as well as the Momany 
and Rone force field.

Researching that option, I found in old c24 documentation that it is a 
"distance specified Van der Waal function" with no further explanation.  I 
could not find any mention of VDISTANCE in the c27 documentation.  In my 
tests with the option, there appears to be no effect on the calculations.

Might anyone have any further information?  Might it be a mere fossil or relic?

Thank you in advance...

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Life Science Customer Training 	Fax: (858) 799-5100
Accelrys			E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/
San Diego, CA 92121-3752

On June 1, MSI, Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG became Accelrys.
Accelrys is a subsidiary of Pharmacopeia, Inc.