From: Borislav Kovacevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:08:25 -0400 (EDT)

Dear CCls,

We are just about to buy computer configuration with AMD Thunderbird
1.4GHz processor and 512 MB DDR RAM with ASUS A7A266 motherboard. We plan
to use it for quantum chemistry programs (Gaussian, Gammes).
Here are my questions: does anybody have any experience with this
motherboard, and can anybody recommend me any other suitable
motherboard (for example A7M266)? Then, is it better to use DDR RAM or
SDRAM? I'm also interested to find out may I use Portland compiler on this
AMD based configuration?

Thank you in advance, 
    
Boris.

 ===========================================================================
	       
  Boris Kovacevic			Phone: (385) (1) 4561-117
  Quantum chemistry group		Fax:   (385) (1) 4680-197
  Institut Rudjer Boskovic		e-mail: [email-masked]
  Bijenicka 54, 10000 Zagreb		http: 
  Croatia 
			  
 ============================================================================