Subject: PhD fellowship on 3D-QSAR in Barcelona

From: Jordi Villa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:31:38 +0200

PhD FELLOWSHIP

Development of tools for analysing similarity in sets of molecules of
biological interest

We invite applicants for the above project, funded by the Fondo de
Investigaciones Sanitarias (FIS) of the Spanish  Health Ministry. The
work will involve the further development of previous tools of the group

in order to address important questions in the indirect modeling of
pharmacologically active compounds by means of 3D-QSAR techniques.
The project will be supervised by Prof. Ferran Sanz and Dr. Jordi Villà
at the Grup de Recerca en Informàtica Biomèdica
(http://www1.imim.es/modeling/) at the IMIM/UPF ( http://www.upf.es),
in Barcelona. The succesful candidate will join a very active emerging
group in molecular
modeling and bioinformatics and will be in charge of developing the
MIPSIM software created in our group. We also offer excellent
computational capabilities including access to the Centre de
Supercomputacio de Catalunya (CESCA) and our new 32 processor Linux
parallel computer. The ideal applicant holds a degree in Chemistry,
Physics, Biology or Computer Science, and is  expected to be proficient
in Fortran and/or C. Experience in parallelization will be a plus. The
position is inmediately vailable.

For more information:

-De Cáceres M, Villà J, Lozano JJ, Sanz F. MIPSIM: Similarity analysis
of molecular interaction potentials. Bioinformatics. 2000; 16: 568-569.
-MIPSIM web page: http://www1.imim.es/modeling/mipsim/index.html
<http://www1.imim.es/modeling/mipsim/index.html>

Interested applicants should send a CV to Dr. Villà
by e-mail ([email-masked]), or by surface mail to the following address:

Dr. Jordi Villà
Grup de Recerca en Informàtica Biomèdica
Institut Municipal d'Investigació Mèdica, IMIM
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, UPF
C/ Doctor Aiguader, 80
08003 Barcelona, Spain

--
----------------------------------------
Jordi Villà i Freixa
Grup de Recerca en Informàtica Biomèdica
IMIM/UPF
C/ Doctor Aiguader, 80
08003 Barcelona, SPAIN                        [email-masked]