Subject: WebMO 3.1: WWW-based interface to Gaussian, GAMESS, MOPAC

From: "William F. Polik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:06:40 -0400

WebMO and WebMO Pro version 3.1 have been officially released and are 
available for download at the WebMO website.  A tour of screenshots, a 
working demo server, and download information can be found at
       <http://www.webmo.net>http://www.webmo.net

WebMO is a FREE web-based interface to popular computational chemistry 
programs including Gaussian, MOPAC, and GAMESS. WebMO permits users to 
build 3-D molecular structures, submit multiple jobs, monitor job progress, 
and view text and graphical results all from within a standard web-browser.

Features new to WebMO version 3.1 include:
    * Updated daemon to support multiple simultaneous running jobs
    * Support for SADDLE transition state searching (Gaussian, MOPAC)
    * Support for IRC calculations
    * Support for solvent models (Gaussian, MOPAC)
    * Automatic bond creation during import of existing jobs
    * Various interface improvements and bug fixes (including WinNT/2000 
java bug)

WebMO Pro is a commercial add-on to the freeware WebMO computational 
chemistry package.  WebMO Pro features a variety of powerful enhancements 
that are suitable for serious education, commercial, or research-level users.

In addition to all of the WebMO features, WebMO Pro adds the following:
    * Support for multiple remote computational servers
    * Visualization of molecular orbitals (Windows/PC clients only)
    * Improved job organization with unlimited user-customizable folders
    * Creation of Excel spreadsheet summaries to compare results from 
multiple jobs
    * Integrated z-matrix editor
    * 1-D coordinate scanning and plotting (Gaussian, MOPAC)
    * Individual user job calculation templates

Information on features, purchasing, and pricing of WebMO Pro can be found at
       <http://www.webmo.net/pro>http://www.webmo.net/pro
Please note that the 40% discount offer for WebMO Pro expires on Friday, 
July 27.

Enjoy!

The WebMO Team