Subject: Re: CCL:MPI libraries for Solaris

From: "C. Michael McCallum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:51:25 -0700

* Sidney Ramos ([email-masked]) [010801 11:39]:
> Dear CCLers and Dalton Users,
> 
> I get the last Dalton 1.2 version and I wish I
> compiled the parallel version in the Sun Entreprise(4
> nodes). Anybody knows where can I get MPI libraries
> for Solaris?
> Thanks for any help!
> Best Regards,
> 

Sun MPI should have come in your software bundle.  If you can compile for
parallel (mpcc or hpcc compiler(s)), you should have the MPI installed.  If
you don't, I'd talk to Sun.  The Forte suite for MP machines is very
reasonable for academics.

That being said, I have had major problems with Sun's MPI under some
specific applications (DL_POLY, for example).  You may want to try the free
MPI implementations someone else mentioned.

Cheers,

Mike McCallum

-- 
C. Michael McCallum         |  "That may be one tough nut to crack,
Associate Professor         |        but I am one determined
Chemistry, UOP              |             little squirrel"
[email-masked]           | (209) 946-2393 | fax (209) 946-2607