Subject: Re: CCL:Autodock 3.0.5 Linux awk Problem

From: David Konerding <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 12:51:30 -0700

Bernhard Spingler writes:
>Hi all,
>
>The question has already been asked in the newsgroup in March, but the
>suggested solution did not help in my case:
>
>>>         I have a question about the script "mol2topdbq" that comes with
>>> AutoDock 3.0.5. I changed the "nawk" in the very beginning to the
>>> awk-version I'm using on my PC (Suse Linux 7.1) "gawk", but this scripts
>>> does not work properly - upon exeution, I get the following message:
>>>
>>> gawk: cmd. line:33: fatal: expression for `<' redirection has null string
>>> value
>>Try changing "nawk" to "gawk --traditional" and see if that helps.
>
>We have a PC running Linux Suse 6.4 i386, and I tried to change to gawk,
>awk, "gawk --traditional", or "awk --traditional", neither of them did help.
>
>Thanks a lot for any suggestions
>
>Best regards

I don't use AutoDock, but if you mail the nawk file to me I can fix the bug
for you.