Subject: Accelrys Customer Training on Cerius2 in Italy

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 09:57:19 -0700

Accelrys will be holding a pair of workshops in Modena, Italy, at CICAIA, 
Universita` di Modena e Reggio Emilia from 11 to 14 September.

On 11-12 September, the "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences 
Workshop" will be offered.  This course provides an overview of molecular 
modeling techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2.  The 
workshop will focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will 
explore various modules in the areas of rational-drug design, 
structure-based drug design, and combinatorial chemistry.  Prior modeling 
experience is not assumed making this course a great place to learn 
molecular modeling with Cerius2.

On 13-14 September, the "Small Molecule and Drug Design with Cerius2" 
workshop will be offered.  This workshop is aimed at our customers who are 
involved in drug design or the development of other bioactive compounds and 
who would like to make more effective use of modeling in their 
research.  The course will focus on QSAR techniques and methodologies as 
well as structure-based ligand design.  Attendees should possess knowledge 
of basic UNIX commands and have a basic understanding of QSAR 
theory.  Familiarity with the Cerius2 environment is required for 
attendance to this workshop.  Both suggested prerequisites can be met by 
attending the introductory workshop.

Fees for each 2-day course are 2,125,000 ITL commercial, 1,062,500 ITL 
government, and 850,000 ITL academic (excl VAT) if paid by check or 
purchase order.  If payment is made through a credit card, the fees are 
US$1000 commercial, US$500 government, and US$400 academic.  However, 
register for both courses and receive a 25% discount for the second workshop.

Further detailed information about this and other Accelrys training 
workshops, as well as on-line course registration, can be found at the 
Accelrys website 
(http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/schedule.html).  In addition, 
feel free to call your Account Manager or the Paris office (tel no +33 1 69 
35 32 32) should you have any questions:

Industrial Customers:  Katie Valentine ([email-masked])

Academic Customers: Severine Capely ([email-masked])

Thank you very much.

Tien Luu
+44 1223 402 895

Chris Artz
+1 858 799 5340
--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Life Science Customer Training 	Fax: (858) 799-5100
Accelrys			E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/
San Diego, CA 92121-3752

On June 1, MSI, Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG became Accelrys.
Accelrys is a subsidiary of Pharmacopeia, Inc.