Subject: Force Field

From: Stanislav Ivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:03:08 +0200

Dear CCLers,

I am PhD student and  I am just starting calculations using Force Field
methods.
Could you please advice/suggest me some basic references about Force
Field with the description of basic methods (AMBER, MM2 etc.) and their
preformance on different systems (proteins,DNA, general organic
systems), reliability of such calculations, ....
Thanks in advance.

Stanislav Ivan
Institute of Organic Chemistry
Basel
Switzerland

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:21:25 -0500 (CDT)

An occasional query about the availability of a Valence Bond package has
appeared on this list.  I would like to announce the availability of the
University of Nebraska CRUNCH package.  The source code, compilation
scripts, and the user manual are bundled as a gzipped tar archive for
down-loading at

http://phy-ggallup.unl.edu/crunch/  .

Separate copies of the  user manual in pdf or postscript format and the 
general README file are also available for perusal.

G. A. Gallup                               Voice: 402-435-6967
Department of Chemistry                    FAX:   402-435-6823
University of Nebraska-Lincoln             Email: [email-masked] or
Lincoln, NE 68588-0304                            [email-masked]

---

From: elewars <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:36:36 -0400

Hello,

You might read "Molecular Mechanics Across chemistry", by Rappe and Casewit,
1997.

E. Lewars
=====

Stanislav Ivan wrote:

> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody  | [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]