Subject: GROMACS 3.0: fastest MD

From: David van der Spoel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:15:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi CCL-ers,

I am pleased to announce GROMACS 3.0, which is without any doubt the
fastest molecular dynamics code on workstation types machines, since we
have handcoded the innerloops for Pentium 3 (using SSE) and AMD Athlon
(using 3DNow!). GROMACS is a feature laiden simulation and analysis
package which is free to download from http://www.gromacs.org under the
GNU public license (GPL).

We would like to encourage anyone to test the package on their favorite
system. We would also like to invite anyone to collaborate with us to make
the package even more complete, for instance by adding support code for
popular force fields.

Groeten, David.
________________________________________________________________________
Dr. David van der Spoel, 	Biomedical center, Dept. of Biochemistry
Husargatan 3, Box 576,  	75123 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755
[email-masked]	[email-masked]   http://zorn.bmc.uu.se/~spoel
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++