Subject: DeFT compilation and usage

From: "Thoms, Travis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:41:12 -0700

Greetings:
	I have recently compiled DeFT for use on my OS/2 box (yes, yes.
snicker, snicker), but I am having trouble using it because I dont
understand how the deft_script operates.  First, does one run the script to
activate the program (ie. C:] script) or do you run the program to call the
script (C:] DeFT script)?  I cannot try out one or the other at this point
because the script has many unix command line calls which I must somehow
decipher for OS/2.
Secondly, DeFT doesn't seem to still be maintained.  Is it no longer usable,
or of any value?  Are there better free DFT software packages that can be
used?

Thanks,

Travis Thoms
Research Associate
Canon R&D Center Americas. inc.
Telephone: 1-408-468-2864
Facsimile:1-408-468-2810
[email-masked]