Subject: GUI for GAMESS

From: "Ha-Yeon Cheong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 17:49:05 -0400

Dear fellow CCL folks,

We were interested in a freeware program that provides a GUI for 
GAMESS/PCGAMESS. We are trying to use PC GAMESS for the computational 
class in our college, and it would seem that a GUI interface would 
facilitate the job of using PC GAMESS for the average student.

Thank you for your attention and I eagerly await your response.

Yours,
Ha Yeon Cheong

Ha Yeon Cheong
Bowdoin College
Chemistry Intern

---

From: "Graeme L. Nyberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:13:26 +1000

As previously posted on 29 June 01:

"There is a tremendous, free, program called MacMolPlt (for the Mac) 
which operates both as a front- and rear-end to Gamess (US at least). 
It prepares the input file, and shows the 3D structure of the 
molecule. It reads the output files, and can display MOs, vibrations, 
etc. Combined with the Mac version of Gamess this makes a great 
package (especially for teaching)."

Unfortunately there is no PC version of MacMolPlt. It is sufficiently 
good, though, that you might consider switching to Macs!

Graeme Nyberg.