Subject: Accelrys Customer Training on Macromolecular X-ray Structure Determination

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:29:32 -0400

Accelrys Inc. will be holding a 2-day "Macromolecular X-ray Structure 
Determination Workshop" at the SGI facility in Mt. View, CA, on Nov 6-7.

This workshop is designed for x-ray crystallographers who wish to be more 
effective with the Accelrys software for structure determination.  The 
workshop will encompass Accelrys' principal software tools for protein 
crystallography; from model building to structure refinement and 
validation.  The QUANTA and CNX user interfaces will be used with an 
emphasis on efficient use of the software.

During this two-day workshop, the following topics will be presented. After 
each lecture, an extended discussion/hands-on session will give attendees 
the opportunity to try out new strategies and methodologies and to discuss 
their own applications with scientists from Accelrys.

De-novo electron density map interpretation: bones skeletonization
      and C-alpha atoms tracing
Automated protein model building and refinement
Automated ligand fitting in protein-ligand complexes using electron
      density maps
Solvent placement
Structure refinement using CNX interface of QUANTA
Structure validation
Phasing X-ray data using Molecular replacement in CNX
Structure refinement using CNX

No experience with molecular modeling is required; however, experience in 
x-ray crystallography is essential.

Fees for the 2-day course are $1000 commercial, $500 government, and $400 
academic.  The workshop will be limited to 12 participants.

Please note that on June 1, MSI, Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG became 
Accelrys.

Further detailed information about this and other Accelrys training 
workshops, as well as on-line course registration, can be found at 
Accelrys' website 
(http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/index.html).  Please do not 
hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Jeffrey L. Nauss
858-799-5555

Chris Arzt
858-799-5340

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Life Science Customer Training 	Fax: (858) 799-5100
Accelrys			E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/
San Diego, CA 92121-3752

On June 1, MSI, Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG became Accelrys.
Accelrys is a subsidiary of Pharmacopeia, Inc.