Subject: New releases: Marvin 2.9 and JChem/JKlustor 1.5.10

From: Ferenc Csizmadia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 13:03:23 +0200

Please excuse multiple postings.

Hi,

Marvin Applets and Marvin JavaBeans 2.9, JChem and JKlustor 1.5.10
have been released. The packages contain applications and development
tools.

- Marvin Applets and JavaBeans support drawing/displaying chemical
   structures and handling molecule objects.
- JChem provides chemical database searching capabilities by
   integration into relational database engines supporting SQL.
- JKlustor is a software for diversity calculations and clustering,
   which can generate and apply 2D molecular fingerprints.

Marvin Applets are free for unrestricted web sites. MarvinSketch and
MarvinView applications are free for academic and home users.

Marvin News:
- Reactions
- Rxnfile, RDfile, Reaction SMILES support
    http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/formats.html
- Molecule table supports displaying of images (as links)
    http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/example-view2.2.html
- Cut & paste
    http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/datatransfer.html
* with Isis/Draw and other chemistry software (from JRE 1.3.1)
   * as image (from JRE 1.4)
- Improved SDF to SMILES conversion with MolConverter.
    http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/molconvert.html
- Improved sticks
- IE6 Java Plugin support verified
- Fixes and other improvements
http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin

JChem News:
- Faster structure searching due to better caching
http://www.jchem.com

JKlustor News:
- Ward type clustering using RNN method
http://www.jchem.com/doc/admin/JKlustor.html

The software can be tried/downloaded at
http://www.chemaxon.com/products.html Online demos:
http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/demos.html
http://www.jchem.com/examples.html

Regards,
Ferenc

--
Dr. Ferenc Csizmadia
Managing Director
ChemAxon Ltd.
http://www.chemaxon.com
mailto:[email-masked]