Subject: Chime and IE 5.5 SP2 announcement (fwd)

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:00:52 -0400 (EDT)

For your information...

Jan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:50:08 -0700
From: Robert Dickey <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Chime and IE 5.5 SP2 announcement

September 19, 2001
MDL Information Systems, Inc.
14600 Catalina Street
San Leandro, CA 94577

	     Chime and Chime Pro/Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 Update

On August 3, we warned our customers and user community that Microsoft had
unexpectedly removed support for the plug-in interface and was therefore
incompatible with existing versions of Chime and Chime Pro.  At the time, we
asked our customers to hold off upgrading to Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 or
any later version.

We are pleased to announce that we are now confident of delivering a
short-term solution to this problem as part of Chime and Chime Pro 2.6
Service Pack 3 (SP3).  We expect to release this within the next two weeks.
This service pack is designed to work with IE 5.5 SP2, and we expect to be
able to extend compatibility to 6.0 at a later date.  When used with IE 5.5
SP2 (but not 6.0), this service pack should also have the benefit of fixing
the printing problems that have been reported against previous versions of
IE 5.5.  

For the longer term, the Chime team will be continuing to work on
architectural changes that will allow Chime to be more independent of the
underlying browser technologies.  We will release details of these changes
on the Chime website once they are firm. 

Thanks,
MDL Chime Product team

chemweb: A list for Chemical Applications of the Internet.
To post to list:  mailto:[email-masked]
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/chemweb/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:[email-masked] the following message;
(un)subscribe chemweb
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:[email-masked])