Subject: Re: CCL:undefined fstat for G98 [SUMMARY]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:05:50 +0800

My original question follows:

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 05:02:40AM +0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> Dear CCLers
> 
> 	While I tried to run G98 RevA.7 on Slackware Linux 8.0, the following
> undefined message appears,
> 
> g98: error while loading shared libraries: /tmp/pgig98/g98/util.so: undefined
> symbol: fstat
> 
> 	I suspect that this is due to the change to glibc-2.2.3 on Slackware
> Linux 8.0. Does anyone have some idea to solve this problem? Thanks a lot
> in advance.

Thanks to Dr. Darko Basis for forwarding of a previous message.
But for my case, there are two ways to solve the problem.

1. Not to use the blas-f2c.a library. The undefined 'fstat' was imposed from 
that library. This symbol should exist somewhere in the system library. But
I guess Slackware 8.0 made some change about the fortran/g77, thus causing
the missing of that reference while linking. If performance is considered,
the ATLAS library is an alternative to the BLAS library. But pay attention
to the release note of the ATLAS library before compiling it. Some Linux 
distributions need other gcc compiler than their default gcc.

2. Compile Gaussian on an older system (for me, Slackware 7.0) and transfer 
the binary to the new system.

--
Jen-Shiang Kenny Yu 	//	[email-masked]

Theoretical Chemistry Lab,
Department of Chemistry,
National Tsing Hua University
Hsinchu 300, TAIWAN