Subject: Reminder: April 2002 ACS "Lead Follow-up" Symposium

From: "Robert S. Pearlman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:15:18 -0500

Hello --

The November 12th deadline for submitting papers to the April 2002 ACS
Symposium on "Near-Neighbor Searching for Lead Follow-up:  Algorithms
and Descriptors" is rapidly approaching.  I have already accepted some
excellent abstracts and am eager to accept more.  However, we only have
room in the Symposium for a limited number of presentations.  Thus, I
suspect that I will be forced to make some difficult choices about which
abstracts to include in the Symposium and which to recommend for general
podium presentation.  At some point, the date an abstract is submitted
will become a factor in this decision-making process so I encourage you
to submit your abstract as soon as possible.

A copy of the original call-for-papers is appended below but please note
the
NEW 2-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT:
1. Please submit your abstract through the OASYS facility.  Point your
browser to:  http://oasys.acs.org/acs/223nm/comp/papers/index.cgi and
click the button for the "Near-neighbor searching ..." Symposium.
Please be sure to follow the formatting instructions provided by OASYS.
2. Please e-mail a copy of your abstract to me at
[email-masked].

CALL-FOR-PAPERS:

> April 2002 ACS Symposium on "Near-Neighbor Searching for Lead
Follow-up:
> Algorithms and Descriptors"
>
> As its name suggests this symposium will address:  (1) novel
algorithms or methods
> related to near-neighbor searching in the context of lead follow-up
and (2) molecular
> descriptors useful for near-neighbor searching in the context of lead
follow-up.
> In addition (and if space on the program permits), the symposium will
also address:
> (3) "success stories" in using near-neighbor searching in the context
of lead follow-up.
>
> The deadline for submitting abstracts is November 12th.  Please e-mail
abstracts to:

I'm looking forward to seeing you in Orlando in April.

Best wishes,

  -- Bob

Robert S. Pearlman, Ph.D
Coulter R. Sublett Regents Chair in Pharmacy and
Director, Laboratory for the Development of
  Computer-Assisted Drug Discovery Software
College of Pharmacy
University of Texas
Austin, Texas 78712
512-471-3383 (voice)
512-471-7474 (FAX)
[email-masked]