Subject: FYI:Call-For-Participation: 2nd Workshop on Linux Cluster for SuperComputing (fwd)

From: Eugene Leitl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:48:15 +0200 (MET DST)

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>
______________________________________________________________
ICBMTO: N48 04'14.8'' E11 36'41.2'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204
57F9CFD3: ED90 0433 EB74 E4A9 537F CFF5 86E7 629B 57F9 CFD3

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:28:07 +0200
From: Niclas Andersson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Call-For-Participation: 2nd Workshop on Linux Cluster for Super
    Computing

Call for Participation
2nd WORKSHOP ON LINUX CLUSTERS FOR SUPER COMPUTING

Last date for registration: 15 october!

============================================================

-- 2nd WORKSHOP ON LINUX CLUSTERS FOR SUPER COMPUTING
-- Clusters for applications and GRID solutions.

25-26 October 2001
Hosted by
National Supercomputer Centre (NSC)
Linköping University
Sweden

============================================================

The fast development of the processing power of high-end PCs and workstations
together with the availability of open source operative systems such as Linux
have made it possible to build very cost effective parallel computers. With the
addition of high band width networks with low latency PC-clusters are
challenging conventional commercially available parallel computers. PC-clusters
can in many cases yield orders of magnitude in prize performance.

Assembling a PC-cluster is, however, a non-trivial task due to the fast moving
PC and workstation market as well as the rapid development of Linux and
available tools for clustered computing. The aim of the workshop is to gather
together people with experience of clusters and provide participants with an
overview of state of the art PC-clusters. The workshop will address the
hardware and software issues encountered during design as well as some of the
emerging application areas in which PC-cluster have been deployed.

We intend to cover the following topics:

o Distributed computing and GRID technologies
o Update on the latest hardware developments
o Tools for managing and using clusters
o Scalability issues, benchmarking and tuning
o Batch systems and job scheduling strategies
o Key application areas

We are very pleased to announce that Dr. MARK BAKER, University of Portsmouth,
will give the workshop keynote address. Mark's current research is focused on
the development of tools and services for PC-based distributed systems. Mark
has written a number of articles and papers on Cluster and Grid Computing and
is co-chair of the conference IEEE Cluster 2001.

Furthermore, BEN SEGAL, CERN Information Technology Division, will give a talk
on GRID technologies.  Ben has been responsible for the buildup of many high
speed networks at CERN.  Until recently Ben managed the section Technologies
for Experiments.  Ben is now concentrating on managing the Data Management work
package in the European DataGrid project.

The complete list of speakers and programme will be available at
http://www.nsc.liu.se/lcsc/.

If you wish to present your own PC-cluster project or give a talk on a topic
related to clustered computing please contact Niclas Andersson
<[email-masked]>.

CONFERENCE DETAILS

Location

The conference will take place at Collegium, Mjärdevi Science Park close to
Linköping University.

Registration

The conference fee is SEK 1000 (+25% VAT) for industry, SEK 700 for
academics, and SEK 300 for students. The fee covers conference
administration, coffee and lunch on both days and dinner on Thursday
evening.  There is no fee for students who choose to attend the
workshop but do not have lunch or dinner.  Please register by
Wednesday 10 October by supplying the following information either:
- on line <http://www.nsc.liu.se/lcsc> or
- e-mail to <[email-masked]> or
- mail to
   Nationellt Superdatorcentrum
   Attn: Anki Rune
   Linköpings Universitet
   581 83 LINKÖPING

*Name
*Company
*Address
*Telephone
*Fax
*E-mail
*Special dietary requirements, ie, vegetarian.
*If you intend to have lunch on both days and dinner on the 25th.

Further Information

For more information, including  hotel information
please see http://www.nsc.liu.se/lcsc

----------------------------------------
Workshop on Linux Clusters for Super Computing
25-26 October 2001
National Supercomputer Centre (NSC), Linköpings University

REGISTRATION FORM

Name:

Company:
Student...........YES......NO
Address:

E-mail:

Telephone:

Fax:

I will have lunch on 25 October.........YES....NO
I will have dinner on 25 October........YES....NO
I will have lunch on 26 October.........YES....NO

Special dietary requirements, ie vegetarian...................

----------------------------

_______________________________________________
Beowulf mailing list, [email-masked]
To change your subscription (digest mode or unsubscribe) visit http://www.beowulf.org/mailman/listinfo/beowulf