Subject: 02.07.31 Exploring Modern Computational Chemistry, U Nottingham

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:03:27 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:52:44 +0100
From: Jonathan Hirst <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: conference announcement

Conference announcement

Exploring Modern Computational Chemistry

31st July - 2nd August, 2002
University of Nottingham, UK.

For more details and pre-registration please visit:
www.nottingham.ac.uk/chemistry/emc2

Organised in association with the Royal Society of Chemistry Theoretical 
Chemistry Group.
Sponsored by Q-Chem Inc., Collaborative Computational Projects CCP5 and 
CCP6.
Official satellite meeting of WATOC'02

This international conference will bring together researchers in all 
aspects of modern computational chemistry. The programme will consist of 
invited lectures and a Poster session, which will be an integral part of 
the programme.

Scientific Topics will include: Quantum Chemistry, Density Functional 
Theory, Structure and Spectroscopy, Intermolecular Potentials, 
Statistical Thermodynamics, Biological Applications.

Speakers who have accepted invitations include: A. Alavi (Cambridge), A. 
D. Becke (Queens', Ontario), C. R. A. Catlow (Royal Institution of Great 
Britain), D. C. Clary (University College London), J. N. L. Connor 
(Manchester), H. H. Fielding (King's College London), G. Frenking 
(Marburg), J. Gauss (Mainz), N. C. Handy (Cambridge), M. Head-Gordon 
(Berkeley), T. U. Helgaker (Oslo), I. H. Hillier (Manchester), K. N. 
Houk (UCLA) , W. M. Klopper (Utrecht), D. E. Logan (Oxford), R. M. 
Lynden-Bell (Queen's University Belfast), F. Manby (Bristol), A. B. 
McCoy (Ohio State), J. N. Murrell (Sussex), M. Orozco (Barcelona), J. A. 
Pople (Northwestern), S. L. Price (University College London), L. Radom 
(Australian National University), H. F. Schaefer III (Georgia), K. 
Szalewicz (Delaware), I. H. Williams (Bath), W. F. van Gunsteren (ETH).

Nottingham is at the centre of the United Kingdom and is well linked by 
air, road and rail to major UK and European cities. The East Midlands 
International Airport is just 20 minutes drive away. The area offers 
many tourist attractions and is well known throughout the world through 
the legend of Robin Hood. Nottingham offers a large and diverse range of 
shopping facilities plus a lively nightlife and wide variety of 
restaurants. The University campus is situated three miles from 
Nottingham city centre and is set in a belt of woodland, parks and 
playing fields covering 330 acres.

-- 

Conference: Exploring Modern Computational Chemistry, Nottingham 2002
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/chemistry/emc2

Dr Jonathan Hirst
School of Chemistry, University of Nottingham
University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD

Tel: +44 115 951 3478; FAX: +44 115 951 3562
Email: [email-masked]
URL: www.nottingham.ac.uk/chemistry/staff/hirst/hirst.html