Subject: summary : known and future drug targets: literature references

From: nicolas baurin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:11:08 +0200

Dear CCLer's,
thanks a lot for all who reply to my question about litterature
references citing the number of now known drug targets and an estimation
of future drug target from genome data: i got many mail giving personal
estimations and you'll find below the literature references i received.
Concerning the drug trial failure, I found a web reference at
http://innovation.phrma.org ("Only five in 5,000 compounds that enter
preclinical testing make it to human testing. One of these five tested
in people is approved").

Eric Vangrevelinghe wrote
    http://www.bcg.com/publications/files/genomics.pdf

    Drews, J. Drug discovery: A historical perspective [Review].
(Science.
    287(5460):1960-1964, 2000 Mar 17).

    Caron et al. Chemogenomic approaches to drug discovery. (Current
Opinion
    in Chemical Biology 2001, 5:464-470).

--
Nicolas Baurin

Doctorant
Laboratoire de Chimiométrie - Modélisation Moléculaire
Institut de Chimie Organique et Analytique, UMR 6005
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/ICOA/
Université d'Orléans, BP 6759
45067 ORLEANS Cedex 2, France
Tel: (33+) 2 38 49 45 77