Subject: Re: CCL:Orbital energies for 1st row transition metals.

From: Victor Lua~na <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:32:04 +0200 (METDST)

> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:07:38 -0400
> From: "Dr. Richard L. Wood" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: CCL:Orbital energies for 1st row transition metals.
>
> Victor Lua~na wrote:
> > I would say that this example has a low
> > pedagogical value for a first year course except if you want to show the
> > limitations of Koopman's theorem.

> To which Richard L. Wood wrote:
> I wasn't aware that first year chemistry students were being taught about
> Koopman's
> theorem.  I have taught several first year chem classes and never seen it
> mentioned once.
> In fact, my own exposure to it didn't occur until I was a graduate student.

Richard,

   You are giving to my words a meaning that I didn't wanted to imply but,
in any case, the world is not limited to your 'alma mater' nor even to the
USA and there are many different educational programs being taught. This
includes programs where elementary quantum chemistry is introduced to
first year students of chemistry.

                                    Regards,
                                              Victor Lua~na
--
 HomePage  %%http://www3.uniovi.es/~quimica.fisica/qcg/vlc/luana.html%%
 Free codes %%http://www3.uniovi.es/~quimica.fisica/qcg/%%
+----------------------------------------------+  +---^---/    /
!               Victor Lua~na                  !  |   ~       / Just in case
! Departamento de Quimica Fisica y Analitica   !  |           | you don't
! Universidad de Oviedo, 33006-Oviedo, Spain   ! <            / remember
! e-mail: [email-masked]%% !  |          /  where Oviedo
! phone: +34-985-103491  fax: +34-985-103125   !  |____  ___/   is  ;-)
+----------------------------------------------+       \/