Subject: Chemical Computing Group (CCG) Excellence Awards for Orlando ACS Meeting

From: "Curt M. Breneman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 17:15:50 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

As Treasurer of the ACS Division of Computers in Chemistry, it's again
my pleasure to announce that the Chemical Computing Group (CCG)
Excellence Award program is seeking applicants for Graduate Student
travel fellowships to the 2002 ACS National Meeting in Orlando,
Florida.  To be eligible for a CCG Excellence Award, you must be a
graduate student in good standing and be presenting your work within the
COMP program.  Presentations may be either in oral or poster format.
Winners will receive up to $1,150 in travel funding as well as a copy of
CCG's MOE (Molecular Operating Environment) software with a one-year
license.

Candidates may apply for the CCG Excellence award by submitting an
extended (2-page) abstract of their poster or presentation to me along
with a letter of support from their research advisor, a CV, and a
personal statement.  The awardees will be chosen on the basis of the
quality and significance of the research to be presented, as well as the
strength of the supporting letter and other materials.  The funds may be
used to cover up to US $1,150 of the travel or on-site costs associated
with attending one of the ACS National Meetings - in this case, the
Spring 2001 National Meeting in Orlando, FL.

(Note: To be considered for a CCG Excellence Award, your  presentation
must be submitted through the ACS OASys system prior to the appropriate
symposium submission deadline - and these are fast approaching!.)

Important: CCG Excellence Award applications must be received before
12/15/01.  Winners will be announced by 1/15/02.

Please submit application materials to:

Prof. Curt M. Breneman
Treasurer/ COMP Division
RPI Department of Chemistry
110 8th St,
Troy, NY 12180 USA