Subject: Re: CCL:Woodward-Fieser Rules

From: "Jens Spanget-Larsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:39:13 +0100

Borosy, Andras:

>  Does anyone know a program for calculation (estimation) of maximum 
>  wavelengths of UV absorption (lambda-max) by using Woodward-Fieser
>  Rules:

Dear Andras,

just a word of nomenclature. You seem to assume that lambda-max 
refers to the "maximum wavelength" of UV-absorption. I think that it 
is common usage to apply the symbol lambda-max for the wavelength 
that corresponds to the absorbance maximum of a band.

Yours, Jens >--<

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JENS SPANGET-LARSEN         Office:     +45 4674 2710
Department of Chemistry     Fax:        +45 4674 3011
Roskilde University (RUC)   Cell-Phone: +45 2320 6246
P.O.Box 260                 E-Mail: [email-masked]
DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark   http://virgil.ruc.dk/~jsl
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-