Subject: Schrodinger Announces the Release of MacroModel 7.2

From: Schrodinger Announcements <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 16:02:26 -0800 (PST)

Schrodinger, Inc. is pleased to announce the general availability of 
MacroModel 7.2, the most trusted name in molecular modeling software.  

MacroModel 7.2 has been extended to fully interact with the new Project 
Facility in Maestro 4.1, our graphical user interface.  The new project 
paradigm should significantly enhance efficiency and ease-of-use, especially 
for multiple simultaneous research projects and projects containing large 
numbers of structures, such as conformational analyses.  The associated 
visual analysis tool, ePlayer, allows structures to be displayed sequentially.  
For instance, it is possible to play a movie of a dynamics trajectory to get 
a feel for the real motion of a molecule. 

The interface facilitates improved job monitoring and launching MacroModel 
jobs from previously prepared command files and also has a new panel specific 
to MINTA calculations.  MacroModel 7.2 more efficiently launches local and 
remote jobs to and from all supported platforms.  Free-energy perturbations 
and most conformational searches can be distributed across up to 100 
processors of any supported platform type. 

With a large selection of force fields and advanced methods for conformational 
analysis, molecular dynamics, and free energy calculations, MacroModel is 
used in research labs around the world on a wide range of chemical and 
biochemical applications.  Please visit http://www.schrodinger.com for more 
information.