Subject: Announce: JMV 0.71 (pre-release) Java Molecular Viewer

From: John Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 16:14:14 -0600

Dear CCL,
  We have just made a pre-release version of our new Java/Java3D-based
molecule viewer available for public download and testing.  JMV uses
Java3D for hardware accelerated rendering.  We are interested in feedback 
> from the user community so we can improve the software before the first 
"1.0" release.  Please send comments and feedback to: [email-masked]

Thanks!!
  John Stone
  [email-masked]

JMV 0.71 Announcement            http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/jmv/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Theoretical Biophysics group at the Beckman Institute For
Advanced Science and Technology, the University of Illinois (U-C),
is proud to announce the public release of JMV 0.71.  JMV is a 
molecule viewer program/component written in Java and Java3D.
JMV is designed to be an easy-to-use, platform neutral, molecular
visualization tool, which can be used standalone or integrated into
a larger program.  JMV provides several molecular representations,
multiple coloring styles, lighting controls, and stereoscopic rendering
capabilities.  JMV loads PDB files over the web, from the RCSB protein
databank, from BioCoRE filesystems, and from local filesystems.
The JMV interface can be customized by users, and can be disabled 
for web-based presentations of molecules to save browser space.

Pre-built JMV applets, the full JMV source code, examples, and 
documentation are available free of charge from the JMV home page:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/jmv/

JMV development is supported by the NIH National Center for Research Resources.

For Further Information
-----------------------
  Please visit the JMV web site for more information:
    http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/jmv/

  JMV can be used to visualize structures within our BioCoRE 
  collaborative research environment:
    http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/biocore/

  JMV is based on technologies originally developed in our
  flagship molecular visualization and analysis tool VMD:
    http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/

For problems, questions, or suggestions, send e-mail to [email-masked]'.

  JMV Development Team
  Theoretical Biophysics Group
  University of Illinois and Beckman Institute
  405 N. Matthews
  Urbana, IL  61801

TB Group: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/
     JMV: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/jmv/

-- 
NIH Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
Email: [email-masked]                 Phone: 217-244-3349              
  WWW: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/      Fax: 217-244-6078